Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Powerful Assault destruction staffs

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Powerful Assault destruction staffs are listed for millions of gold on PC/NA, even though the set otherwise is not crazily priced.

Why? What kinds of builds are they used for?
  • SPR_of_HA_community
    SPR_of_HA_community
    ✭✭✭✭
    Powerful Assault destruction staffs are listed for millions of gold on PC/NA, even though the set otherwise is not crazily priced.

Why? What kinds of builds are they used for?

Tanks or supports can use such sets.

Tanks block for stamina, the same time this set needs stamina for activation with vigor. If tanks will use to much stamina - they will be out of resources and can not block. (Stamina in block do not regenerate)

Ice stuff blocks for mana - it is exeption. When you block with it stamina do regenerate, but mana do not. So ice stuffs are more expensive, because you will need it any way ;)
    (or you will need custom build, but this set is not needed on both bars so it is not a good option)

For supports it is no reason why it have more prise. It is based on META - some fashion like thing some one promote.

Thingth that are "fashion" like META is - costs more, even if it is some thing useless.

But healers use staffs more. You will not find good builds on some thing else - they are custom and have a big chance to get nerfs.
    Edited by SPR_of_HA_community on August 31, 2022 5:41PM
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's a good set for assaulting powerfully.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One idea is to single-bar it in a healing build, letting you use a Master's or Maelstrom resto staff.

Is that what this is about?
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strong support set as it provides unnamed buff with decent uptime. You back bar frost staff usually as tank and proc it with vigor/caltrops. Frost staves are the only valuable piece as it has bad 2-4 piece bonuses for dds or healers. The annoying part: to get frost staff you need to buy rng boxes with random set pieces and getting it might be quite a gamble.
    Edited by tonyblack on August 31, 2022 5:51PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One idea is to single-bar it in a healing build, letting you use a Master's or Maelstrom resto staff.

Is that what this is about?

Yes. Tanks can also use it.

Its expensive because it comes from Imperial City Telvar Merchant.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found it to be a fairly solid set to stack with Rallying Cry, for a nice boost of spell damage on a damage dealing PVP build. Running it on my sorc requires a destro staff to have the best ranged option. Lets you optimize using Vigor as a heal and not necessarily locking you to needing a restro staff back bar.

Works really well with an Oakensoul setup, where you are already losing the back bar restro option.
    Edited by jaws343 on August 31, 2022 6:06PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons are a pain to get, support roles use them to apply the buff for groups. Often they are only used on one bar, so the buff can controlled, and so you can have a different buff set on your other bar. Ice Staffs, Resto Staves, and Fire Staves are all sought after, so they a pricey.

Its not a huge group from a demand standpoint, but its usually a group that needs the set for a raid, and often, raid groups will help their support, so pockets are deep. Supply is low, because well, IC has been dead for years.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »
    Strong support set as it provides unnamed buff with decent uptime. You back bar frost staff usually as tank and proc it with vigor/caltrops. Frost staves are the only valuable piece as it has bad 2-4 piece bonuses for dds or healers. The annoying part: to get frost staff you need to buy rng boxes with random set pieces and getting it might be quite a gamble.

And yet lightning staffs seem to sell for even move millions than ice staffs do. Inferno staffs are listed at over 1 milion as well.

Resto staffs are vastly cheaper. So I'm thinking of starting with a build that uses one of those.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 31, 2022 6:16PM
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently got one so I've been watching the listings. It appears that around 5-10 new ones are listed per day. The lowest listing price has dropped by 450k since I started watching.

If people don't buy them for a week or two, it's likely the price will plummet.

I listed the item where I did because that was the lowest ttc listing at the time and the 1% fee is low enough that listing the price too high and then needing to relist isn't that big of a deal.
  • Porter_H
    Porter_H
    ✭✭✭
    Some healing builds are using powerful assault jewelry/weapons with SPC armor. Lightning staff is needed on those builds.

A tank with Turning Tide armor and powerful assault weapons/jewelry is really, really strong for 4 man Vets. Frost or Lightning backbar depending on preference.
    Edited by Porter_H on August 31, 2022 10:58PM
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run PA on my necro tank
    The buff it provides is not available any other way, if I remember.
    It's very strong in 4 man content. Pair it with TT, sax, etc.

I don't see very many healers using it outside of very niche situations. Healers have fewer flex slots on their bars in most cases and cannot often afford to slot vigor (which at least heals) or caltrops (which doesn't heal at all) especially since both skills are fairly high in stamina costs and interfere with a healer's mobility and active damage mitigation (roll dodge/block)
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, as to why they are expensive, they are a very small drop chance from a very expensive Tel Var Loot Box in Imperial City, content which is often neglected except during Midyear event, meaning the demand (from PvE players) is far higher than the number of PvP players farming Tel Var in IC to obtain the boxes.
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks backbar the ice staff. This is one of the top sets for off tank. And it’s very time consuming to farm. Buying one at the end of the PVP event was a good time - I got one for about 1.5M gold PC NA.
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »
    I run PA on my necro tank
    The buff it provides is not available any other way, if I remember.
    It's very strong in 4 man content. Pair it with TT, sax, etc.

I don't see very many healers using it outside of very niche situations. Healers have fewer flex slots on their bars in most cases and cannot often afford to slot vigor (which at least heals) or caltrops (which doesn't heal at all) especially since both skills are fairly high in stamina costs and interfere with a healer's mobility and active damage mitigation (roll dodge/block)

My Necro healer uses Powerful Assault partnered with Spell Power Cure, since Vigor procs both buffs.
    Vigor is about 3k stamina, so not high (even from a 12k pool) and with an Ice staff - just block on the magicka side for comfort if you are worried you're going to run out of stamina.

I definitely disagree that healers who run Spell Power Cure wouldn't consider this great to use (while the other healer does Rojo) and I definitely DEFINITELY disagree healers wouldn't have a spot for Vigor.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My healer uses SPC PA for dungeons if the tank isn’t running PA. She had a PA resto because they are much cheaper than the ice staff (until I got one at the right price).

The price may also have gone up because Vigour has had its healing buffed and that proc’s PA.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »
    Oh, as to why they are expensive, they are a very small drop chance from a very expensive Tel Var Loot Box in Imperial City, content which is often neglected except during Midyear event, meaning the demand (from PvE players) is far higher than the number of PvP players farming Tel Var in IC to obtain the boxes.

Destro staffs are much more expensive than other pieces. I presumed that's because they're used in certain builds, and was asking what those builds are like. :) The answers here about tanking builds have been exactly what I was hoping for!