The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[PS5] Character hard crashes in Reaper's March by Moonhunter keep

StormBlade512
StormBlade512
✭✭✭
Encountered this last night and it seems plenty of other players have too. I was by the POI on the river west of Arenthia by the MHK dungeon and I hard crashed and couldn't login to that one character. I think the error was CE 1008520 (I think, don't fully remember).

This is clearly an ESO specific issue however. I had to boot up the ps4 version just to move him. This has happened to lots of players, primarily on the ps5 version. Is it ever going to get looked at or is it just permanently cursed?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @StormBlade512

Have you been able to reproduce this crash with other characters in this specific area?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @StormBlade512

Have you been able to reproduce this crash with other characters in this specific area?

No I'm way too scared to do that lol, I've heard plenty of people on Reddit have had the same thing happen to them in that exact location, with multiple characters
    Edited by StormBlade512 on September 1, 2022 5:45PM
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    This has been there for ages, I put a ticket in months ago after having the same issue. Be nice if it got fixed eventually.
  • DUlrich1227
    DUlrich1227
    Soul Shriven
    same issue - ps5 completely stuck same spot uzen7ib4svph.jpg
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    same issue - ps5 completely stuck same spot uzen7ib4svph.jpg

Boot up the ps4 version homie
  • RNGeeze
    RNGeeze
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Reaper’s March has been broken on PS5 for a long time now, you get tossed to the dashboard when it triggers and generally can’t login with that character again as it’s in a endless loop of crashes. I first encountered this issue back in the Library of Arkthzand, the quickest way to get the character unstuck as someone mentioned is to launch the PS4 version and wrap up whatever you were doing in the area before moving to a safe spot then switching back to the PS5 version.

This is the very reason I keep the last gen version installed as I sometimes slip up and find myself stuck with no desire to wait on a ticket to get my character moved.
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did this by accident the other night! I jumped off the bridge up north by Arenthia in Reapers March and got stuck. I was running along the beach to the west of the bridge. I suddenly kept grey screening on my ps5 and could not log in to that character! Luckily, someone had the idea to try my ps4 and I was able to get my character moved.
    Even on my ps4, the whole area had awful framerates and I would be terrified to head up there again to even play around with it. I was able to get my character out of there without having to do a ticket.
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    I did this by accident the other night! I jumped off the bridge up north by Arenthia in Reapers March and got stuck. I was running along the beach to the west of the bridge. I suddenly kept grey screening on my ps5 and could not log in to that character! Luckily, someone had the idea to try my ps4 and I was able to get my character moved.
    Even on my ps4, the whole area had awful framerates and I would be terrified to head up there again to even play around with it. I was able to get my character out of there without having to do a ticket.

Cannot believe we still have to deal with this. Glad you got it sorted
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why hasn't this been fixed, Zeni? Seriously. This is a game-crashing bug that renders a character inaccessible, and not all of us still have a PS4 to fall back on.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    would swapping to the ps4 version be a work around for this?
  • DUlrich1227
    DUlrich1227
    Soul Shriven
    lynog85 wrote: »
    would swapping to the ps4 version be a work around for this?

yes was a perfect work around, I used PS4 version to wrap up all those quests in the north area .. and than deleted it