The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why was I auto-removed from my own dungeon?

Diabolus1989
Diabolus1989
✭✭✭
I was attempting to solo Wayrest Sewers II but couldn't get past Malubeth's OHKO. So a guildmate agreed to join to help me kill her. Then they left and a timer appeared for removing me from the dungeon.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 30, 2022 1:53AM

Best Answers

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's intended. When there is nobody left in your group, you will be removed from the dungeon. This can be helpful when someone is forcibly booted so that the slot can be filled. Why does it need to happen in situations like you've described? I'm sure there are reasons, but it can still be annoying.
    Answer ✓
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time you attempt the solo have your friend stay in the group. They can leave the dungeon and as long as you are still grouped you can do your thing.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Answer ✓
  • GloatingSwine
    GloatingSwine
    ✭✭✭
    If you are the last player left in a group instance you get removed in order to allow the server to close the instance and free up resources.

When you grouped with someone you converted your previous solo instance into a group instance, when they left you were the only player in a group instance and so the auto-remove kicked in.
    Answer ✓
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the Psijic skill line, the Precognition ultimate might enable you to get out of it. I haven't tried it there myself, but have used it at some world bosses like the Unmaker in the Deadlands and Wuyuvus the hunger in Vvardenfell.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the Psijic skill line, the Precognition ultimate might enable you to get out of it. I haven't tried it there myself, but have used it at some world bosses like the Unmaker in the Deadlands and Wuyuvus the hunger in Vvardenfell.

hope you dont get crowd controlled every 4 seconds??
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

hope you dont get crowd controlled every 4 seconds??

Do you really think Malubeth's OHKO is every 4 seconds? I've never seen it that often.
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭

companion... if you can keep them alive
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I once got the dungeon timer in the Coin Fort on Amenos during the High Isle main quest that was removing me from the dungeon just because I left a group while I was in the middle of it involving a player who never set foot there.
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding the whole soloing WS 2 situation, @Vaoh has you covered here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7596963#Comment_7596963
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post