The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magsorc, can’t hit above 45k. How can I improve ?

xgoldelf
xgoldelf
I’ve recently switched to keyboard and mouse instead of gamepad to see if it’ll help with my weaving and parsing. I’m currently 587cp and I’m wearing pillar of nirn jewelry (all bloodthirsty) and pillar of nirn inferno staff on backbar. Whorl of depths body gear and depths lightning staff on front bar plus harpooners kilt and slimecraw helm. I can’t seem to hit above 45k. What are some tips and advice to get my dps up?
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It usually boils down to getting the timing down pat with weaving. Do you have a parse video maybe? What does your rotation look like? Do you have enough penetration? Maybe switch slime for a light valkyn. Are you using spell or weapon potions? Which mundus are you using?
  • xgoldelf
    xgoldelf
    I’m using thief mundus and I am using spell pots. My weaving definitely needs practice though but it’s improving slowly. My rotation is activating both pets (tormentor and volatile familiar) then Daedric prey then frags then elemental weapon and light attacking between then barswap to unstable wall of elements for the pillar of nirn proc then barbed trap then mystic orb then swap back and start over.

@UntilValhalla13
    Edited by xgoldelf on August 28, 2022 10:53PM
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are playing on PC you could use an combat metronome add on/global cooldown tracker or the light attack helper. it gives you an indicator when you have to use light attack.

Frontbar: Cfrag, Prey, Ele Weapon, Pet 1, Pet 2 Dawnbreaker Ulti (make sure you have the Fighters Guild passive for 3% Weapon dmg
    Backbar: Wall, Barbed trap, Hurricane, Pets 1, Pet 2 Greater Atronarch Ulti

Before the fight use channeled acceleration for minor Force, swap the skill for barbed trap.
    Use Hurricane, both pets drop the Atro, Wall, Barswap, Prey, Ele Weapon Cfrags if procc, recast your dots, but not the twilight

You could also try to use Cfrags as spamskill, so you could slot mages wrath instead of ele weapon. But it is a bit harder to weave
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    pets are so boring :(
    there needs to be an equal way to match dps being petless.
    it's not cool to say you must waste 4 spots on pets and be bored.