The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Immovable skill

Harvall
Harvall
✭✭✭
I have a question. Why if i pop the immovable skill, a boss (usually a dungeon boss) is still able to knock me back or knock me down ?. And i mean, pop it right before the boss's AoE attack, because the supposed immunity to knockback is like few seconds.

If this skill is not working as intended then it needs to be fixed, and if bosses can ignore my immunity to knockback and disabling effects, then this skill is useless and does not help at all, because, lets be real, in no place other than a dungeon a person would be willing to sacrifice 90/95 or eve 100% of their movement speed to be able to survive the knockback.

But right now it takes away your movement speed AND does not give you actuall immunity to boss knockbacks and knockdowns
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 27, 2022 4:01PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works on "normal" actions not telegraphed actions which is really stupid, so a heavy attack from a mob/boss won't knock you down, but if its built into an ability that mobs use, it can still affect you. Zombies are a good example, they have a normal heavy attack and a signature lunge attack where both can knock down a player, but only the normal heavy attack is prevented. The zombie lunge can break the channel of Rite of Passage for example despite having immunity to disabling effects. The zombie lunge can also force cancel the casting of Werewolf, if they use it right as your transforming it breaks the form immediately and drains your ultimate anyway.

Mobs can do a lot of things that ignore skills. Like if you use an immobilize on a normal mob they can still move by doing the backwards walk before they throw something at you, getting feared will still cause them to run away, or if they're standing in an AOE ground effect and walk out of it; all that despite having "immobilized" active. All it really does is prevent them from running up to you.
  • Harvall
    Harvall
    ✭✭✭
    Then it is beyond [snip] broken then. Why those skills even have this in their description if they can't do their job most of the time. The fact that bosses cannot be rooted is one thing which i can understand somewhat, but them getting around abilities that we have to spend skillpoints and resoruces in is shameful. If that was the player it would be an exploit. And a major one at that.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 27, 2022 4:02PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya it's worthless mostly. It was nerfed a long time ago.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Harvall
    Harvall
    ✭✭✭
    From what you say it seems that mobs special actions (like moving backwards to throw a knife etc) are not registered as movement. And many actions they do are not registered properly, so they couldn't be done in certain circumstances. This is high amount of negligence from the developers.

If they create a mob with aoe for example, and tehy register it as knockback, it should be prevented automaticly by the game when someone has immunity.
  • Harvall
    Harvall
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hey i don't mind moving this thread, but after everything that has been said i feel like it should have been moved to bug reports instead,