The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

so what is the new magica sorcerer most dps skills and sets combo?

Quethrosar
Quethrosar
✭✭✭✭
Since to be best dps you need to be cookie cutter, what is the new must use skills and sets after the patch?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to be cookie cutter then don't be. Pretty much everything you ran last patch is still going to be viable, and unless you are specifically doing vet HM trials or speed run dungeons, it really really doesn't matter.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quethrosar wrote: »
    Since to be best dps you need to be cookie cutter, what is the new must use skills and sets after the patch?

for pve, I'm not too sure

For pvp, it's firmly Use another class!
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Siroria, Relequen, Kinras, Tzogvin, Pillars of Nirn, Whorl of the Depths.
    I tested basically all combinations and the results were roughly equal with the usual drawbacks such as mobility, sustain etc. Some builds are running Kilt + monster set (Maw), which pretty much turns your build into a Jackson Pollock, but it works quite well.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • DracoShredder
    DracoShredder
    Soul Shriven
    Quethrosar wrote: »

You don't have to be exactly cookie cutter. Everyone is running daggers and I still use an inferno staff, the maelstrom lightning staff is great for add fights with the change, lightning staves already had aoe buff and add the maelstrom staff change it isn't a meme anymore to use a lightning staff instead of an inferno at least for aoe, add the exploiter cp perk and it's actually even better. Right now I'm 600 cp, I'm missing 50 points in a dps cp slot, so about 6% dmg there, and I don't have harpooners kilt as I just came back, and I'm getting 95k with an inferno staff and a maelstrom staff still.
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can't bring myself to be this no crit build. all stuff is about set procing and weapon/spell damage now.
    i'm running FG and Grave Inevitability with kilt and actually liking the crits that get generated.
    i am thinking of dropping the FG to go back to order's wrath but i don't know yet, i like the sustain and magica / speed on kills.
    I also don't run pets and still use crushing shock because it spams like a mofo with speed.

I do vet dungeons and no complains on DPS. anywhere from 30 - 50% of the dps. my biggest problem there is targeting, wish this game had target lock, can be hard to get the cross hairs perfect all the time.

in trials i run normal and can do from 10 - 15% of the damage. so i am holding my own.