Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden overpowered

Drauz
Drauz
✭✭✭
So instead of nerfing warden zos buffed them to oblivion. not good, too much wardens in game now
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens have been a bottom tier class for almost a year until this patch, finally they are in a good spot so people are bringing their wardens out because they haven’t been usable as a damage build for so long. They are definitely not overpowered, people just like to diversify their playstyle to keep the game fresh, that’s why there’s so many in PvP right now.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah they aren't overpower I think they are just too good at surviving. Number 1 tower enjoyer/lover/censored word class right now, but not the kind that will wipe a whole group.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on August 26, 2022 8:31PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be nice to see people shelve their dks for awhile
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warden is in a great spot right now, they have been really bad for so long, id rather fight a bunch of wardens than a bunch of dk's and nbs lol
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »

Won't happen so long as DK is a top-2 class.

The self-healing is so imbalanced.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    Drauz wrote: »
    So instead of nerfing warden zos buffed them to oblivion. not good, too much wardens in game now

Are you going to provide any context? I hope this is a sarcastic post.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Dk is fine, in fact more than.
    The 2 main dots are a bit weaker, but for example burning talons got a cost reduction , and the longer dots also mean better sustain for dks.
    And their self healing is still great.
    And ofc seething fury giving basically perma 300 wpd is nothing to scoff at.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Dk is fine, in fact more than.
    The 2 main dots are a bit weaker, but for example burning talons got a cost reduction , and the longer dots also mean better sustain for dks.
    And their self healing is still great.
    And ofc seething fury giving basically perma 300 wpd is nothing to scoff at.

DK is still the strongest class in PVP.

Superb self-healing.
    Superb range on all melee abilities.
    Excellent CC.
    Excellent debuffs.
    Excellent damage mechanics.
    Edited by taugrim on August 27, 2022 6:27PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *checks year* wait it's not 2017!? In all seriousness peeps should stop asking for nerfs and ask for buffs to classes that feel more lacking. In an ideal world, every class should feel fun to play.
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here on PC EU and during the weekend I came across mostly DK's and Wardens and Necros.
    Some of the Wardens we are fighting (many of us) is like hitting a target dummy, it really is.

Why did our producer make it possible for them to become so unkillable? Why can't they just be on par with the other classes in terms of buffing/shielding/healing/mitigation ?

On the internet you come across articles and information pages which reference the Warden class. It generally comes across that it's a beginner friendly class and is rather easy to use. I think it might be too easy, hey.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a PvPer, so this is a sincere question: What's so great about Warden self-healing? Vines? Lotus? Trees? The Animal Companions passive? (Do people really use Birds in PvP?) The Minor Toughness buff?
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a PvPer, so this is a sincere question: What's so great about Warden self-healing? Vines? Lotus? Trees? The Animal Companions passive? (Do people really use Birds in PvP?) The Minor Toughness buff?

They mostly just run unkillable healer/tanks and have a duo (dk or necro).

No birds spotted :3
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

Thats the problem with warden now too, such broken selfhealing.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭

Nothing meaningful changed in Warden's healing kit. Arctic Blast was re-worked.
    olsborg wrote: »

Point specifically to which skills or ults are "broken selfhealing"? Damage is down across the board, everyone has access to Resolving Vigor with Minor Resolve.

The Wardens that build tanky don't have meaningful damage.

DK still has the best scaling selfhealing hands down with Coagulating Blood, while still retaining the ability to pressure meaningfully.

What I would say is that Wardens are no longer a free kill for most players. The addition of a class stun, which 4 of the 6 classes had, has put Warden on much better footing. Which is a good thing.
    Edited by taugrim on August 29, 2022 4:02PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Point specifically to which skills or ults are "broken selfhealing"? Damage is down across the board, everyone has access to Resolving Vigor with Minor Resolve.

DK still has the best scaling selfhealing hands down with Coagulating Blood, while still retaining the ability to pressure meaningfully.

What I would say is that Wardens are no longer a free kill for most players. The addition of a class stun, which 4 of the 6 classes had, has put Warden on much better footing. Which is a good thing.

Both arctic blast and especially polar winds healing is extremlhigh.
    Polar winds is easy to get to 20k plus tooltip.
    I dont get that only templar even with like 8k spd , at which point I'd be just a glass cannon with 0 sustain.
    Defensively wardens are back to before arctic got its rightful nerf, but its compounded by the low dmg meta we have atm.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wardens have been a bottom tier class for almost a year until this patch, finally they are in a good spot so people are bringing their wardens out because they haven’t been usable as a damage build for so long. They are definitely not overpowered, people just like to diversify their playstyle to keep the game fresh, that’s why there’s so many in PvP right now.

No.
    Come to IC or cyro and you Will see.
    They got their resistance up, healing up, warden group are unkillable with polar wind. And they can almost one shot you with deep fissure+ dawnbreaker. Deep fissure apply minor AND major breach.
    Good thing for pve tanking though
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Both arctic blast and especially polar winds healing is extremlhigh.

Polar Wind scales off Max Health. If you want to hit like a noodle, sure, stack Max Health.

https://eso-skillbook.com/skill/polar-wind

This isn't the old meta of fixed values on proc sets, in which people stacked Max Health and still dealt meaningful damage.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Class finally gets an instant stun and a reasonable burst heal and people are right back to complaining even though the class has been awful for years. The problem you're actually facing is that damage is really low right now. But yeah let's go back to asking for classes to have necessary pvp tools removed from their kit again.

I agree that arctic shouldn't do everything like it currently does and instead, should have it's burst healing power given to a green balance burst heal, but we actually do need tools that other classes have.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on August 30, 2022 3:49AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They nerfed warden sans like 1 skill, and the nerfs outweigh the buffs even in PVP. In PVE, they're strong because everyone else got nerfed more. That's about it.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the problem with every class. Every single class has access to an instant full health heal. Not going to rehash and explain that problem again, but its just so much worse this patch. Everyone's damage is lower so the window you have to press that full hp heal before you get bursted down is that much wider. How do you even counter that? At least you can kill the sorc's twilight, but every other class, idk.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Drauz
    Drauz
    ✭✭✭
    I think the big problem now is warden or any other class together with mara's balm.
    After that is nerfed lets see.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drauz wrote: »
    I think the big problem now is warden or any other class together with mara's balm.
    After that is nerfed lets see.

100%. The set is nuts.
    Look at this

https://youtu.be/ggP1UFfCxfU
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »

No.
    Come to IC or cyro and you Will see.
    They got their resistance up, healing up, warden group are unkillable with polar wind. And they can almost one shot you with deep fissure+ dawnbreaker. Deep fissure apply minor AND major breach.
    Good thing for pve tanking though

You know that the Major + Minor Breach only kick in AFTER the Fissure damage has hit, right? So the extra Pen only applies to the DB. Every PvP player already has a source of Major Breach so the only thing that's somewhat special is the Minor Breach.

And the tooltip on both morphs got sliced by ~25% so the actual skill is hitting way less hard than it did before.
  • duckdown
    duckdown
    ✭✭✭
    Warden = dk for survavibility really hard to kill

Warden < dk for damage pressure. Dk still top tier
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duckdown wrote: »
    Warden = dk for survavibility really hard to kill

Warden < dk for damage pressure. Dk still top tier

Warden > DK for mobility, which should theoretically allow the Warden to build a bit squishier than the DK to better even out the damage potential. Theoretically.

Somewhat gets to the discussion about whether investment into Max Resource provides sufficient returns right now to be balanced against investment into Max HP.

To me it's interesting to remember here that DK's Minor Brutality and Warden's Minor Toughness have a stronger effect on the final sum in the absence of other percentile buffs - i.e., DK's Minor Brutality has a stronger effect in Heavy Armor than in Medium, and Warden's Minor Toughness has a stronger effect in Medium Armor than in Heavy. It's one way to look at things when you think about building for maximum efficiency in a balanced way rather than maximum potential in particular stats.

Edited by Urzigurumash on August 30, 2022 10:07PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But those are two old passives, which, to be concise, gets to an obvious point for discussion about whether Warden and DK have appropriately balanced damage potential in PvP right now:

How do the recent revisions over the last year or so to Seething Fury and World in Ruin compare in mathematical efficiency to the recent change to Advanced Species? Are Glacial Presence and Piercing Cold pulling their weight here?

How much efficiency is gained from the change to Advanced Species by a Bosmer in 5 Medium versus an Orc in 5 Heavy, etc., and how do these sort of things relate to what's best in the current meta?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reviving this topic after us console players have had a week or two to play u35.

So I'm a longtime stamdk main who decided to play warden this patch. I'm still using my first try at the warden build. I've been notified on these forums that the build isn't perfect, but thanks to the warden buffs I'm just having too much fun to make any changes yet.

I do think warden is overpowered but not in an extreme or worrisome way. Their survivability is slightly overtuned but it's hard to tell if its a warden problem or just a low damage problem. The minor resolve on vigor is one contributing factor, but of course you'd expect that to buff every PvP spec out there.

Their burst damage is obviously great... But wasn't it always? And doesn't every class have access to a delayed burst skill, dawnbreaker, execute combo type thing that works similarly? What lacks on warden... Assuming your bars are making use of a decent amount of utility and heal abilities... Is pressure. Like its lacking kinda severely against tougher opponents. Which is why its not too too strong. Mash all the potatoes you want, but if you want to routinely 1v1 tough people and win you'll have to give up some of the Xing power. And vice verse.

I fought some dks recently on my warden. Against players in the same relative skill bracket as me. I won. But it wasn't easy. They did plenty of damage and took plenty as well. I think its a reasonably fair match-up and I'd think buffing sorcs would be way more important than tinkering with either of these.

If warden needs a nerf, and it might, it should be done in a subtle way. I think 4 seconds of snare removal on falcons swiftness is probably too much. Make it 2 so its more comparable to race against time. Or make it cost more... Its too easy to spam it now.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be careful categorizing Warden as overpowered. I would hate to see them nerfed to the ground again. I don't main a warden at all, but I enjoy fighting against Wardens, now that they are stronger.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    Agreed and glad that a non-warden said it first. Very good time to start/continue playing warden. They're in a terrific PvP state.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don’t we try buffing some other classes to match?

PS: I’m not talking about nightblade, FFS don’t make them any worse than they are.
    Edited by Minalan on September 18, 2022 5:43PM