Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Dread Cellar Dungeon - can't complete Quaking Dead quest?

daemondamian
daemondamian
✭✭✭
I just got to the end of the Dread Cellar Dungeon and couldn't complete the Quaking Dead quest for it as Lucilla Caprenia wasn't there to hand it in.

This was on an alt char but it has happened with another alt too so this was the second time this has happened to me.

Anyone else experience this problem or know of a fix?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on August 26, 2022 2:07PM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix: log out and log back in. Then tp to group member still in Dread Cellar, use the portal to get to the end and she should be visible.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you probably hurried along when they were talking after the boss fights. I've been told you have to listen to them (can't remember for sure though). I was able to fix it by leaving the dungeon and porting back in. Obviously won't work with a pug group, but if you're with your friends, it can be done.
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've encountered it a couple of times. On the second run through for more gear I was able to hand it in with no problems. Most of my alts had no problems, but I've been on runs where other players couldn't see Lucilla.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you cant see the npc
    Log out, then log back in
    Happened to me a few time
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    Fix: log out and log back in. Then tp to group member still in Dread Cellar, use the portal to get to the end and she should be visible.

Easier and faster:
    Just travel somewhere outside of the dungeon,
    then travel back to a group member still in dungeon and use the portal.

Edited by BalticBlues on October 9, 2021 9:15AM
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies on how to deal with this bug :)

I did solo DC on my main magsorc (after PUGing it once and getting the bug) but it was hard and I'm not sure if I can do it on my other alts.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to log out. Just tp to city and back - done it many times ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on October 10, 2021 6:21AM
  • sbialkow
    sbialkow
    I haven’t tries closing the game out but I did try /reloadui. It didn’t work. I’ve been through a few times now on random dailies and still cannot complete it.
    Light armored MagBlade, Mag Templar (healer), MagSorc, Hybrid DK, MagDen, and MagCro.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happens so very often. Npc is in the sky if wondering. Just relog and ask anyone to stay.

I have stayed for a good number of people for this quest
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on December 22, 2021 7:45PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened to me the other day. I'm just holding on to the completed quest for the next time I get it.
    The Moot Councillor
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »

Easier and faster:
    Just travel somewhere outside of the dungeon,
    then travel back to a group member still in dungeon and use the portal.

This worked for me on an alt character.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ippokrates wrote: »
    No need to log out. Just tp to city and back - done it many times ;)
    I and another had problems with quest in this dungeon.
    He tried porting in and out, it did not work but logging in and out worked, I then did it and it worked for both.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got to the end of the Dread Cellar Dungeon and couldn't complete the Quaking Dead quest for it as Lucilla Caprenia wasn't there to hand it in.

This was on an alt char but it has happened with another alt too so this was the second time this has happened to me.

This happened to me once too. Quest NPC didn't show up at the end.

Edited by Jeremy on December 23, 2021 11:09AM
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    This same bug situation happened to me just now but unfortunately the 'pug' group i was running with all logged OUT , so none of the work-a-rounds could be tried.

ugh , now what? Try re-running it again i suppose , but gosh it amazes me these types of 'z-axis' NPC spawn issues still exist in 2022 , but i guess the game-engine is still the same since beginning so it'll happen randomly from time to time.

Still sorta aggravating though. :/
  • mickeyx
    mickeyx
    ✭✭✭✭

Happens to me everytime on every character. Relogging fix it everytime.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went to dread cellar and never got the quest in the first place because there was not a quest giver.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens so very often. Npc is in the sky if wondering. Just relog and ask anyone to stay.

I have stayed for a good number of people for this quest

I always stayed after my first run that didn’t proc the turn-in… which is almost every time when I was hard-farming to get my Crimson Ice, all PUGs (always seemed like someone was jumping around at nothing after final boss lol). I had it done for me, so I always ask if someone needs a port, still.

S.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me 1st and only time completing this normal dungeon with a PUG. Guess I'll have to do it again and hope it doesn't happen. Or hope it gets patched this Wednesday or soon thereafter.
  • ldzlcs065
    ldzlcs065
    ✭✭✭
    Still exists this annoying issue, seems ZoS just don't bother to fix such tiny bug that doesn't affect their profit. Typical.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    There's another post for this issue. It isn't just this one dungeon. There was 4-5 I was having this same issue with a few months ago. Literally the only dungeon quests I had left for skill points and couldn't get them done no matter what I tried.

Edit - found the post

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/584628/dread-cellar-quest-npc-missing-at-the-end-of-dungeon-pc-na#latest
    Edited by HybridFreak on February 1, 2022 3:45PM
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged. Happened twice on same alt. After first time, I abandoned quest, and re-queued for the Dread Cellar. And then when it happened on the second completion of dungeon, I was able to get one member of my PUG to stay while I ported to my house, and then travelled back to them.
  • deleted220419-005321
    [snip] Just had it happen to me.

[edited for thread bumping]

Edit: This happened on the PS4. I see in the U33 notes that this was addressed. We'll see.
    Edited by deleted220419-005321 on March 23, 2022 9:08PM
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [snip] Just had it happen to me.

[edited for thread bumping]

Edit: This happened on the PS4. I see in the U33 notes that this was addressed. We'll see.

This is still happening to me and group members post Update 33.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't tried lately because I don't like wasting time. But I've never been able to successfully complete this and get the skill point. Not once.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is infuriating - still happening
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ran Dread Cellars twice today, looks like this bug still hasn't been fixed. @ZOS_Kevin Can you please acknowledge this as an issue?
  • buzzsaw67
    buzzsaw67
    I have now done this 4 times with a shared quest, twice in the last day and twice a month or so ago. I got to the end and every time the white V shows on the map but Lucilla Caprenia is not there. Walk round and around and she is invisible. Yesterday I had the same problem but another player with the same problem stayed on and we both ran all the way back to the beginning then foreward thru the dungeon. Logged out and in and nothing. Usually in dungeons the NPC giving quest is still on the original location after the quest is picked up, but I have yet to see Lucilla at either end. Today I at least got armor from the bosses but, looking back at the reports posted before mine, I can see the problem has existed since the addition of the dungeon. I'm done with this one until I read in the update notes that a problem has been fixed there. Take it back to the lab and tinker with it please. Or take it out of commission.

NOTE: I thought I posted the above paragraph the last time I ran this dungeoun a while ago. I always do it as a PUG group, and just tried again with the same results.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now over a year old and the OP issue has since been resolved, we will now close the discussion going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.