The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A few noob questions

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
1. Can you get a quest reward item back if you destroy it? If so, how?
2. Previous quest rewards have a lower level requirement since I’ve level up since then. Is there a way to bring the item jewelry/armor back up to my current level?
3. Are the dotted trails on the map hiking trails?
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you're asking specifically about gear rewards, so if that's not the case then additional answers can be posted.
    Nyseto wrote: »
    1. Can you get a quest reward item back if you destroy it? If so, how?
    2. Previous quest rewards have a lower level requirement since I’ve level up since then. Is there a way to bring the item jewelry/armor back up to my current level?
    3. Are the dotted trails on the map hiking trails?
    1. The only way to get quest rewards back if you destroyed them is to redo the quests on another character. In most cases, gear quest rewards are unbound and can be sold via a guild merchant. Perhaps you can find an item there.
    2. There is currently no system in place to increase item level/CP. If you want a reward at a specific level, then you need to earn the reward at that level.
    3. Dotted trails usually represent, as you say, a hiking trail (e.g. those seen in Blackwood). An off-the-beaten-track sort of trail. This can also include underground areas/paths, such as a cave through a mountain (e.g. those seen on the Cyrodiil map).

Edited by Troodon80 on August 26, 2022 10:56PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully quest rewards are nowhere near as good as craft-able end game armor. I don’t know, is it an issue getting a certain quest reward at a low level instead of a high level such as a ring?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully quest rewards are nowhere near as good as craft-able end game armor. I don’t know, is it an issue getting a certain quest reward at a low level instead of a high level such as a ring?

Quest rewards as in armour/weapon items are not unique except for their names. You can get equal or better gear ingame. If a quest item is also a set item you can get it from overland bosses, dolmens, delves or from buying from another player.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quest rewards are usually trash and you can destroy or sell them. Like said above, you can farm or buy them later on again if you like. When you reach lvl 50 and cp 160 is the point where you should think about what gear you like, as this is the max gear cap.

Just a hint, I would use the stuff you find during questing and destroy it when you find gear with a higher lvl. Or you can always ask guild memebers to craft you some trainig gear. Just join a beginner friendly guild and ask.

TherealHämähäkki
  • Nyseto
    Nyseto
    ✭✭✭

Quest rewards are usually trash and you can destroy or sell them. Like said above, you can farm or buy them later on again if you like. When you reach lvl 50 and cp 160 is the point where you should think about what gear you like, as this is the max gear cap.

Just a hint, I would use the stuff you find during questing and destroy it when you find gear with a higher lvl. Or you can always ask guild memebers to craft you some trainig gear. Just join a beginner friendly guild and ask.

I did a quest specifically to earn a swift piece of jewelry since I guess they’re really expensive or something, idk
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like others have said, quest rewards are garbage. This is the opposite of Skyrim where a lot of the quest rewards were the best items in the game.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others have said, quest rewards are garbage. This is the opposite of Skyrim where a lot of the quest rewards were the best items in the game.

in terms of function yeah not that useful, but theres a lot of people who collect the various named items (because never know when they might be removed like really really old ones that no longer drop such as the executioner hood) or for sentimental reasons
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

in terms of function yeah not that useful, but theres a lot of people who collect the various named items (because never know when they might be removed like really really old ones that no longer drop such as the executioner hood) or for sentimental reasons

Oh totally. But for gameplay purposes, there is no regret or pain in deconning a named piece of gear. I was thinking back to the Skyrim days when you finally got Boethiah armor that was super OP. Could never get that again if you deconned it.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t see anyone mention Transmutes, so I will add: if you decon or vendor most set pieces (and this includes quest item set pieces) it will be added to your stickerbook, so you can re-create them if you have enough Transmute stones. (The exact number you need is dependent on how many other pieces in that set you’ve found.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on the sets. Mothers sorrow lightning staff from a quest is nice for example when you are a newbie!

There are some good overland sets, and thus good quest reward items.

The other thing to understand is that the game was designed with a model that assumed you moved zone to zone as you levelled. One tamriel changed that but the model that you got trainee, then put pieces together as you did a zone and then moved zone and put together a new set based on that zone has not really changed.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Depends on the sets. Mothers sorrow lightning staff from a quest is nice for example when you are a newbie!

Forgot about that one, good call. And there is that Spriggan's dagger too.