The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sell housing crafting mats at vendors

DarthCuddlefluff
DarthCuddlefluff
✭✭✭✭
Sell basic materials such as heartwood, mundane runes, Regulus and all of them at the appropriate vendors (carpenters for heartwood etc.) at a regular price. 50 a pop would be too much honestly but at this point the market is so bad that I would pay 500 per. It would regulate prices, make housing affordable to people other than whales, and act as a great gold sink to help fix the inflation problem.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to do something, but probably won't.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS sets the rarity of the mats as well as the cost on the recipes that require them. As they control the supply and demand, I have to assume they are happy with the current values or else they could just alter parts of the formula.

Basically if something like Mundane Rune feels exceptionally expensive, there is a reason for that. We as players don't have to agree with it, but someone, somewhere wants it to be a certain rarity and there will be a market price based on that rarity.

We would need to convince ZOS that the current supply to demand ratio is not healthy. If you can convince them of that, then at that point, a change can happen.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another way they could increase flow of housing mats into the game would be to have them drop from surveys.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's supposed to incentivize players who need money to go gathering and sell to the housing decorators. But there are so many other easier ways to make money that it doesn't really happen in that way.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS sets the rarity of the mats as well as the cost on the recipes that require them. As they control the supply and demand, I have to assume they are happy with the current values or else they could just alter parts of the formula.

Basically if something like Mundane Rune feels exceptionally expensive, there is a reason for that. We as players don't have to agree with it, but someone, somewhere wants it to be a certain rarity and there will be a market price based on that rarity.

We would need to convince ZOS that the current supply to demand ratio is not healthy. If you can convince them of that, then at that point, a change can happen.

The way I see it is this is the way we do it. It's not like I an just email ZoS. We gotta make a big stink so they notice a lot of people have the problem.
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭
    If they want to maintain some of the rarity, they could sell them at the Tel Var vendors in IC. They already sell things like Ancestor silk there, and it would make IC more popular. You still have to do some farming, but it would still be a lot better than the way it is now.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they want to maintain some of the rarity, they could sell them at the Tel Var vendors in IC. They already sell things like Ancestor silk there, and it would make IC more popular. You still have to do some farming, but it would still be a lot better than the way it is now.

I often wonder what rarity they want to keep. Because I consistently get the same drop rate. For every 10k rough wood I get 200 heartwood. Hours every day farming is just way too much considering I spend all of a thousand heartwood in a house in about 2 hours including planning on the spot.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excuse me I mistyped I meant 500 per 10,000. Not 200. If it was 200 I don't know where people would be getting how many are on the market.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Another way they could increase flow of housing mats into the game would be to have them drop from surveys.

I'd like to see them drop from Surveys, Hirelings, Refinement, and Daily Writ reward coffers.

@ZOS_Kevin can you pass this request up please.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I often wonder what rarity they want to keep. Because I consistently get the same drop rate. For every 10k rough wood I get 200 heartwood. Hours every day farming is just way too much considering I spend all of a thousand heartwood in a house in about 2 hours including planning on the spot.

There is an obvious tension with not cannibalising crown store sales. That is, I suspect, the ugly truth of it.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Northwold wrote: »

There is an obvious tension with not cannibalising crown store sales. That is, I suspect, the ugly truth of it.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Can you please explain?
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭

It's very simple. The more frustrating and time consuming it is to craft furniture items, the more likely people are going to give up and buy them from the Crown Store instead.

You would have to convince ZOS, with financial data we don't have access to, that it would be more profitable for the company to allow players to reasonably farm furniture crafting materials in game (such as Mundane Rune) via surveys.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ruj wrote: »

It's very simple. The more frustrating and time consuming it is to craft furniture items, the more likely people are going to give up and buy them from the Crown Store instead.

You would have to convince ZOS, with financial data we don't have access to, that it would be more profitable for the company to allow players to reasonably farm furniture crafting materials in game (such as Mundane Rune) via surveys.

OOF you may be right. That's really scummy if that's the case. I mean people are already spending a ton on the houses themselves. That's like EA levels of messed up.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭

OOF you may be right. That's really scummy if that's the case. I mean people are already spending a ton on the houses themselves. That's like EA levels of messed up.

It's not ZOS being scummy individually. It's capitalism. Companies are forced to continuously have higher and higher profit margins so people holding onto stocks make money.

Every company under the existing capitalist system is forced to increase profits every quarter. It's not only a game industry problem.

The only companies who can afford to be okay with current levels of profit are small companies without stock. Unfortunately, it is impossible to create an MMO of this magnitude as a small company.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding to surveys would fix most issues probably. If you got at least 1 Heartwood/mundane rune at each of the 6 nodes? That adds up quick.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    RagnarSw wrote: »
    Just adding to surveys would fix most issues probably. If you got at least 1 Heartwood/mundane rune at each of the 6 nodes? That adds up quick.

I would love that. My surveys pile up and are ignored.