The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do you see a player's guild in Cyrodiil?

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I see a lot of times people calling out a guild, or saying it's not enough to say a keep is under attack, you also have to say which guild.

I've never seen someone's guild when targeting them. I don't even see an option for it in Options. And they can have up to five guilds anyway so how do you even call out a guild?

I've actually wondered this for years lol. Never cared much but now I'm wondering how people can see an enemy's guild in Cyrodiil?
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, if you play enough, with the same people (on each side) you learn names and the guilds they are with. Some are more serious to pay attention to, so moving to that spot to stop them may be more important than what you may be doing.
    Edited by GlassHalfFull on August 25, 2022 2:42AM
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A player can choose to wear their guild's tabard, and even if hidden by costume, the guild name will show on the name plate, if you have those turned on. I think there may be some addons that track the names of players you interact with, probably from the death recap. But mostly it's like GlassHalfFull says. If you play on a campaign long enough, with chat on, you start to learn the "politics" of what groups, who are in those groups, and how they play.
    Edited by driosketch on August 25, 2022 3:29AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh so it's either about paying attention to tabards or people just know who everyone is.

I don't pay attention to either lol.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i recognize guilds from the tabards

ball groups are extremely easy to notice because 8-12 people with the same guild tabard (which shows the guild in the nameplates) and it gets easy to remember

i could easily name off hand about 4-5 guild tabards i see regularly or are especially annoying ball groups (i cant do it on the forums though for obvious reasons lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm I'll have to pay more attention. I've never noticed a guild name anywhere, tabard or no.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I'll have to pay more attention. I've never noticed a guild name anywhere, tabard or no.

you have to have nameplates turned on to see the guild names

you know how NPCs are like:

NPC name
    <general merchant> (in the case of guild trader NPCs, it would be <guild name> for the guild that currently owns that trader)

its the same format for a player

player name
    <guild name> (if they are wearing the guild tabard, otherwise nothing is shown here)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh ok that's why. I keep nameplates off.