The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Suggestion - Transmute Mineral (Materials)

jad11mumbler
jad11mumbler
✭✭✭✭✭
In Skyrim there was a spell book known as Transmute Mineral ore which would transmute Iron into Silver, Silver into Gold.

In ESO most of us crafters will have tens of thousand of Iron, & Steel, & Orichalcum, etc, That will never be used as is.
So my suggestion is an option to transmute materials into a higher version, Iron into Steel, Steel into Orichalcum, All the way up to Rubedite.
Alternatively just transmuting any mat to its highest form would be an easier option, and would save on crystals.

To balance it, it'd probably have to cost transmutes. Transmute X amount of material for X amount of crystals.

I'd prefer a complete rework of the crafting mat system, especially CP mats which we no longer need so many for.
But a rework likely has other issues tied to it, such as armour set spawns / old gear already picked up.
So instead, I suggest this.

What do other crafters think?
One problem is probably the Transmutes, while some have too many, other's not enough. The cost would be important too for how many materials are transmuted each time.

While things can stay the same as they are, I'd prefer some good changes as many materials serve no purpose anymore.
174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t have lots of low level mats since I do crafting writs at highest tier, so it it’s not a problem for me.

I cannot fathom why you would want to spend transmute crystals on getting higher mats, it easy enough to get them and save those crystals for reconstructing new gear when you need it.

The idea seems like sort of a cheat even if you would have enough transmute crystals to waste on upgrading mats.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather just buy higher tier mats than spend transmute crystals on them. If I really find I have too many low level mats, I'll sell them on a guild store or vendor them and then maybe use that gold to buy more high level mats. No transmute crystals required.
    Edited by redspecter23 on August 24, 2022 6:07AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmute crystals are worth far more to me than upgrading materials (we'd literally have to get in the realm of 1 transmute crystal to change 100/1000? mats to max level to even consider)... but it wouldn't force me to do it, so why not?

If I ever have extra transmute for some reason (and would lose them because I'm at cap), I just transmute a weapon to nirnhoned and deconstruct. The potent nirn is worth more than 1000 of most max level mats.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points