The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

High Isle Beacon, unlit - what to do with it?

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
1ctHozz.jpg

What are we supposed to do with this gold thing? Any ideas?
PC EU
  • Kadzra
    Kadzra
    ✭✭
    For me it is a small fancy glasstable. You just have to sink it in and put some clutter on it
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a shower if you turn it upside down and put it into the floor a little bit. Add a water feature inside the dome and voila!
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭
    Hunding's Palatial Hall and a few other houses have Towers, maybe make one a Lighthouse?
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    Put a Mini Dwarven Sun in it. XD Burn your retina right out of your skull.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No way to light this thing? What's the point then?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you put a light source in it, the light should be reflected off the metal plates in the back an possibly form a beam.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Surprised no one has seen the good use for this. Sci-fi tech. It looks like it could be used for about a million different things. Bringing Frankenstein's monsters to life, a teleporter, some sort of Sith machine. This has potential.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A shower? How big is it?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pelanora wrote: »
    A shower? How big is it?

If you go to the Gonfalon Head Lighthouse, on the south coast of High Isle, you can see the original instance in place.

It's big, and it's got awkward bits sticking out at the back.
    PC EU
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An other example of an item that none asked, while countless requests for planters, ladders, roof tiles and so on are ignored.

For example, why release a window without a wall section where it could fit? A repeat of the Markarth door, released without a door frame.

Everytime I do housing in this game I wonder if the devs in the housing team are actually building/decorating houses.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    An other example of an item that none asked, while countless requests for planters, ladders, roof tiles and so on are ignored.

For example, why release a window without a wall section where it could fit? A repeat of the Markarth door, released without a door frame.

Everytime I do housing in this game I wonder if the devs in the housing team are actually building/decorating houses.

The Markarth Door Frame will be released in 2026 as a limited time Crown Store gem option 😂

EDIT: I know I meant this as a joke, but I’m still peeved about that wonderful black door we can only buy with oodles of gems that’s currently in the limited time crown crate. I saw someone use it in the Shalidor’s Realm house where we it fits perfectly in a few archways 😟
    Edited by Elvenheart on September 1, 2022 8:59PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    kind_hero wrote: »

The Markarth Door Frame will be released in 2026 as a limited time Crown Store gem option 😂

EDIT: I know I meant this as a joke, but I’m still peeved about that wonderful black door we can only buy with oodles of gems that’s currently in the limited time crown crate. I saw someone use it in the Shalidor’s Realm house where we it fits perfectly in a few archways 😟

That one should be available with Seals of Endeavor, will have to check tomorrow.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, the next logical question is: What DID you do with it? Show it here :-)

I put it as a full-length mirror in a dressmaker's shop:
    High_Isle_Beacon_re-purposed.png
    PC/EU
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh wow! That’s a lot larger than I imagined from image above.

Since those tiles in the preview have no scale associated with them, I either underestimate or overestimate the size. I wish they’d do something about that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they had lit it for us. Could put a bunch of stacked legion zero towers in there
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him