The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

Starshadw
Starshadw
✭✭✭✭
But the lag and crashes that had (blessedly) finally improved for a while are back with a vengeance. As usual, it's when running into large numbers of enemy combatants. It would be great if the devs could see if they can figure out what happened to bring it back.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's gotten so bad that in a large battle, usually at a keep and most often at Glade for some reason, I'll get disconnected and a Lost Lobby Connection on that character for a while.

This is PC-NA Grey Host.
    Edited by Holycannoli on August 24, 2022 5:52PM
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been awful the last few nights. Players just freeze right in front of me and then everything is sped up for a few seconds then freezes again. The consistency of these servers is atrocious. It's 2022 and the fact that there's games older than ESO has better server performance is really saying something
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's gotten so bad that in a large battle, usually at a keep and most often at Glade for some reason, I'll get disconnected and a Lost Lobby Connection on that character for a while.

This is PC-NA Grey Host.

Yeah, I'm on the same server, and it's been BAD. What's worse is that the queues are still longer than usual, which means if you crash, you're back at the end of the queue, which means a lot of folks are just saying "screw it" and not coming back in - and I don't blame them.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably lag induced by another cringe tank meta where nothing dies. I'm not going to degrade myself by fighting against poor game design on top of server lag, Oceanic ping and post U33 framerate drops. I'm on break until at least one of these gets resolved. I deserve better and so does anyone else that actually wants to PVP.
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    I play peak hours on GH. Lag was bad last night and pretty close to what it was before the "performance update" a few months ago. Went almost 30 secs trying to get an attack off or spam a potion.

The new tank meta is not helping things either.

Time for another PVP or ESO break.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup. The lag is back and its just as bad as before. Looks like I'm taking another break because I don't have the patience to deal with it anymore
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cuddlypuff wrote: »
    Probably lag induced by another cringe tank meta where nothing dies. I'm not going to degrade myself by fighting against poor game design on top of server lag, Oceanic ping and post U33 framerate drops. I'm on break until at least one of these gets resolved. I deserve better and so does anyone else that actually wants to PVP.

Yes, I really do think Mara's Balm nonstop calculations are causing this worse-than-usual performance.

There are too many sets and too many calculations and the servers can't handle it.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I disconnect almost every time I try to port into a keep or outpost that has heavy fighting. And the disconnect frequently riding up to the keep and occasionally just randomly for no apparent reason. If you try to log back in after disconnecting while attempting to port into a keep or outpost under heavy attack you can't log back in until the fight is over. You will get error 334 and then "lost lobby connection" until the fight is over.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, I really do think Mara's Balm nonstop calculations are causing this worse-than-usual performance.

There are too many sets and too many calculations and the servers can't handle it.

Mara's Balm causing problems in cyrodiil???? Who could have predicted it?
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mara's Balm causing problems in cyrodiil???? Who could have predicted it?

To be honest I didn't expect it to affect performance like it does. I only thought of the balancing issues.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i havent really noticed performance problems in blackreach, but i dont think many people there use maras yet and the campaign is not always poplocked (and even when locked has short queues instead of 40-60 for grey host)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭

Those unsure what it looks like? This is what the set does..
    https://youtu.be/ggP1UFfCxfU
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    PlayStation NA GH is absolutely atrocious right now. Disconnects, no bar swapping, random freeze/sped up glitch effecting everyone. I disconnected 5 times within 30 minutes the other night only to login and be told "This account is already logged in." It's gotten to the point where myself and most of my guild don't even want to try PvP right now, some don't even login lately. Shame
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    i havent really noticed performance problems in blackreach, but i dont think many people there use maras yet and the campaign is not always poplocked (and even when locked has short queues instead of 40-60 for grey host)

Last night there was definitely lag in PCNA Blackreach as well. Delayed barswapping and skills not firing included. There are unkillable players using definitely using Mara's there now too.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on August 31, 2022 10:32PM
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lag continues to worsen. @ZOS_GinaBruno?? Any word at all on what might have brought the lag back, what what can be done to fix the problem before we're right back to where we started?? I lean away from it being the fault of the Mara set (though that set is a massive headache for a number of reasons) given all the testing we did way back when. But SOMEthing is definitely going on, and it's not getting better.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is horrible again and on fast cable In the US I should never be sitting at 400+ latency...
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Lag is horrible again and on fast cable In the US I should never be sitting at 400+ latency...

Yeah, it's odd because the hardware/server upgrades they did really seemed to help. So why we're back on the lag/crash train again is baffling.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last night there was definitely lag in PCNA Blackreach as well. Delayed barswapping and skills not firing included. There are unkillable players using definitely using Mara's there now too.

i dont think ive run into too many of them, but maras is probably not as widespread in blackreach yet

once they actually fix the cooldown problem with maras then it might actually restore some of the performance lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014