Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I can't find my friend!

Fruzsi95
Fruzsi95
Soul Shriven
I am having trouble adding my friend. We are both on the same server (EU) even stand at the same spot however I can't see her character. If I try to add her it says "Account not found". I tried with both including and excluding "@". Please help!
  • PapaKonzan
    PapaKonzan
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same problem when using their User ID but I could find their character name.
  • Fruzsi95
    Fruzsi95
    Soul Shriven
    I tried with that too but it didn't help. We can see completely different characters online and also the chat differs. What's wrong? :(
  • refelian
    refelian
    Try their character name to find them, as for not being able to see them, the instance bug may still be there - once partied there should be an option to 'travel to player' which will allow you to switch instances to be in the same one - hope that helps! :)
  • Fruzsi95
    Fruzsi95
    Soul Shriven
    When I use "@ (Their user name)" then it seems like it works, however she never gets the notification. When I try her character name it just says "account not found". :( Since I can't add her, I can't travel to her....
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    When this happened w/a friend of mine we formed a party and then my friend, since I was the party leader, logged out and then logged back in. When he logged back in, he was then brought to my instance and I could see him.
    Go to the party tab(with inventory tab/quest tab/etc.) and type in your friend's character's name to add him to u're party when u can't target them.
    Edited by Taeko on March 30, 2014 8:39PM
  • MaxB
    MaxB
    the same situation(bug) happend to me as Fruzsi95 described. and resolved that problem by your(Taeko) method. so many thanks
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes two people in a group cant see each other even if they are at same place happens because one of person completed or is involved in a quest in that zone while other is in other part of this quest area. So while they are in same spot they are not actually in same place.
    When it was for example a city, stepping out of it and its quest area would make them see each other.