Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hear me out ZOS

Reverb
Reverb
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please bring back ground oils and make resource towers destroyable again.

Give us these counters to ball groups and tower farmers. Please.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with this and in fact I would go as far to say remove camp towers altogether, I mean what purpose do they serve?.

Tower monkeys and ball groups are sucking the enjoyment out of cyrodiil, banging on a keep door crying for attention and as soon as players arrive they head straight for the nearest tower.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they remove the abilty to destroy towers in the first place? I honestly cannot remember and I don't recall any major game breaking reason they shouldn't be destroyed. Grayhost yesterday morning was about 90% tower humpers and the people chasing them, 10% actual campaign objectives. It was very tiresome.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    Tower monkeys and ball groups are sucking the enjoyment out of cyrodiil,.

The so-called tower monkeys are powerless on their own. It is players that keep chasing after them and dying to them time and time again like moths to a flame that give them some fleeting power.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

The so-called tower monkeys are powerless on their own. It is players that keep chasing after them and dying to them time and time again like moths to a flame that give them some fleeting power.

I agree but it's a double edged sword, you have to deal with them because if you don't they just continue to attack the keeps they are near and eventually cap it if left alone.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

But they continue to be a pain in the neck if not given attention. If nobody chases them around, they take all the resources and cut off an important keep and transit line until people agree to waste time chasing them, to keep them occupied. They keep flipping resources so keeps downgrade and are more easily lost. They eventually get annoyed that nobody pays attention to them so they flag the keep.

Ignoring them is one option, but I’d like the tower destruction mechanic brought back as well. Or give speed builds a significant damage reduction, so there’s more of a trade off for LoS tower farming builds.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignoring a problem group doesn't make the problem go away. If a group is dead set on disruption, they only way to stop them is to mow them over repeatedly until they go bother someone else.

They want easy kills and will do whatever it takes to keep just enough players trickling in to feed them. The moment they get smashed a few times, they'll go elsewhere or head to IC.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on August 24, 2022 12:06AM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

You do realize that ball groups are the ones that will use the ground oils in the first place.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a detonator set up by the flag that just instantly demolishes the tower and everyone in it. It would be hilarious. But for something a bit more realistic, I just tend to avoid tower farmers. They can't farm you if you don't go near them. Maybe I'll fall for the trap once. Good for them. They got me. If I keep going back and dying, that's a me problem, not an issue with the towers.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

You do realize that ball groups are the ones that will use the ground oils in the first place.

Most of the time they’re not going to stand still long enough to do that, continuous movement is too core to the play style.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they remove the abilty to destroy towers in the first place? I honestly cannot remember and I don't recall any major game breaking reason they shouldn't be destroyed. Grayhost yesterday morning was about 90% tower humpers and the people chasing them, 10% actual campaign objectives. It was very tiresome.

Same reason they removed all the deer in Cyrodiil. To reduce lag. Then hilariously added destructible gates and bridges after that.

Basically the game has gone further yet into zerg, tower hump, or ball group. They've nearly killed off just groups of friends just joining up with their personal builds pushing keeps. You have to try hard or zerg
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on August 24, 2022 2:06PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is with destructible towers; they can just choose not to flip the resource to their color. Then that makes it impossible to destroy the tower.
    Leave the resource under control of the original faction then you can't damage the tower and they can still do the same farming as usual, because you can't attack your own faction's structures in Cyrodiil.

That's a simple solution they could do that would change literally nothing for these players
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on August 24, 2022 4:10AM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they leave the resource as your faction so the towers not destructible, then you could ignore them. The reason you don't ignore them now is they will just keep flipping resources until the keeps cut.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same reason they removed all the deer in Cyrodiil. To reduce lag. Then hilariously added destructible gates and bridges after that.

Basically the game has gone further yet into zerg, tower hump, or ball group. They've nearly killed of just groups of friends just joining up with their personal builds pushing keeps. You have to try hard or zerg

Let us not forget the addition of the not at all lag inducing Volendrung.
    Edited by danthemann5 on August 24, 2022 11:37AM
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    The thing is with destructible towers; they can just choose not to flip the resource to their color. Then that makes it impossible to destroy the tower.
    Leave the resource under control of the original faction then you can't damage the tower and they can still do the same farming as usual, because you can't attack your own faction's structures in Cyrodiil.

That's a simple solution they could do that would change literally nothing for these players

Yes, the main problem is in the tools that organized players have access to, that make them pretty much immune to any counters. Until those things are actually addressed, there's not much you can do to deter them.

However, organized groups often sit on/flip resources to entice players to come to them. At least in those instances they would be fair game then. If they chose to simply hide out and not cap, it's more viable to ignore them until they actually start flipping. By then players actually have some tools to counter them, instead of running around the infinite merry-go-round, or simply letting organized groups control it. At this point any step, no matter how small, is better then the rock bottom we're at.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on August 24, 2022 2:43PM
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the main problem is in the tools that organized players have access to, that make them pretty much immune to any counters. Until those things are actually addressed, there's not much you can do to deter them.

However, organized groups often sit on/flip resources to entice players to come to them. At least in those instances they would be fair game then. If they chose to simply hide out and not cap, it's more viable to ignore them until they actually start flipping. By then players actually have some tools to counter them, instead of running around the infinite merry-go-round, or simply letting organized groups control it. At this point any step, no matter how small, is better then the rock bottom we're at.

There's still far more viable ways to draw attention that doesn't require flipping anything to where "ignoring them" isn't an option.

For example, every faction has 2 resources you can flag the keep from while also not being able to be counter-sieged by enemies at all.

Daggerfall: warden mine and glademist mine
    Aldmeri: Faregyl lumbermill and bloodmayne lumbermill
    Pact: Arrius mine and Kingscrest lumbermill

In all cases I can choose to false flag the keep from the resource while having never flipped the resource, then retreat back into the resource tower(because people aren't just going to ignore a flagged keep on the map). And you ALSO will NOT be able to siege the tower at all because I have no reason to flip the resource in the first place (as I already flagged the keep to begin with).

Then whenever they die they can just choose to alternate between keeps to another keep to do the same. They keep getting fights, people keep getting drawn to fights and no resource/keep flipping is required for them to bait people out like they want.

Which is why I feel like updates like this would literally do nothing if these players are a bane to you.
    Edited by xDeusEJRx on August 24, 2022 3:06PM
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's still far more viable ways to draw attention that doesn't require flipping anything to where "ignoring them" isn't an option.

For example, every faction has 2 resources you can flag the keep from while also not being able to be counter-sieged by enemies at all.

In all cases I can choose to false flag the keep from the resource while having never flipped the resource, then retreat back into the resource tower(because people aren't just going to ignore a flagged keep on the map). And you ALSO will NOT be able to siege the tower at all because I have no reason to flip the resource in the first place (as I already flagged the keep to begin with).

Then whenever they die they can just choose to alternate between keeps to another keep to do the same. They keep getting fights, people keep getting drawn to fights and no resource/keep flipping is required for them to bait people out like they want.

Which is why I feel like updates like this would literally do nothing if these players are a bane to you.

Every DC keep with the possible exception of Rayles can be sieged from at least one resource tower with impunity, not to mention that you can just jump into Glade from the northeast corner.
    Edited by danthemann5 on August 24, 2022 3:33PM
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every DC keep with the possible exception of Rayles can be sieged from at least one resource tower with impunity, not to mention that you can just jump into Glade from the northeast corner.

You can siege Rayles from the LM.