The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Best sets for stamplar (PvE)

nb_rich
nb_rich
✭✭✭
I want to try something new but don’t know what. I have been stuck using relequen (body) and deadly strike (jewelry & weapons) for the longest time now. Anything else I can try that can provide good/comparable dps. It feels like im completing all these sets but have no use for any of them lol.

I heard Kinras is bis for instead of deadly but problem is I play on console so my stacks drop really easily since my abilities/light attacks don’t always cast on time or even at all.
nb_rich
  • Sussuris
    Sussuris
    ✭✭
    Rele + Deadly is still pretty good if you wanna stick with jabs - only a couple k DPS behind peak. If you don't stick with jabs, don't use Deadly. You can also use Rapid Strikes instead of Jabs.

Rele + Siroria is good.

unknown.png

Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kinras is really meant for trials where the boss fights are longer so the stacks stay up. I haven't played my Stamplar in a while, but I loved running Advancing Yokeda jewels and body with Jabs and Deadly Cloak. Its like the set was meant for the class. For body its hard to get away from Relequen because of the damage it puts out. Tzvogins is a solid second, and its what I typically run with Relequen as my weapons set on a DD, stamina or magicka. You could try Coral Riptide instead of Relequen and keep the Minor Slayer. It works like Bahseis' for stamina. If you're running a 2H back bar, Nirn or Blooddrinker work well. Gryphons Reprisal sounds interesting but I have yet to try it

EDIT: @Sussuris Rele + Siroria has the problem of a duplicate Minor Slayer and adding in a needless magicka buff on a stamina DD. You'd be better off with Aegis Caller
    Edited by El_Borracho on August 22, 2022 8:14PM
    Options
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    Sussuris wrote: »
    Rele + Deadly is still pretty good if you wanna stick with jabs - only a couple k DPS behind peak. If you don't stick with jabs, don't use Deadly. You can also use Rapid Strikes instead of Jabs.

Rele + Siroria is good.

unknown.png

I might try rele and siroria. Never thought of putting these two sets together
    nb_rich
    Options
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    Kinras is really meant for trials where the boss fights are longer so the stacks stay up. I haven't played my Stamplar in a while, but I loved running Advancing Yokeda jewels and body with Jabs and Deadly Cloak. Its like the set was meant for the class. For body its hard to get away from Relequen because of the damage it puts out. Tzvogins is a solid second, and its what I typically run with Relequen as my weapons set on a DD, stamina or magicka. You could try Coral Riptide instead of Relequen and keep the Minor Slayer. It works like Bahseis' for stamina. If you're running a 2H back bar, Nirn or Blooddrinker work well. Gryphons Reprisal sounds interesting but I have yet to try it

EDIT: @Sussuris Rele + Siroria has the problem of a duplicate Minor Slayer and adding in a needless magicka buff on a stamina DD. You'd be better off with Aegis Caller

Thank you. I think i need to grind for coral riptide but on console (ps5) no one does that trial at all for some reason. I started collecting gryphons reprisal so I might give that a try when I collect a full set.
    nb_rich
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play stamplar on ps eu and wear perf. Coral riptide and pillar of nirn for trials. Depending on mood I either go Nerienth monster set or Moras whispers and slimecraw hat
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I discovered that Scathing Mage works really well on MagPlar a while back. Neigh on 100% uptime when using sweeps.

On a StamPlar it should work well with Jabs, too. The only thing that irks is the one Maxmagicka line as 2 piece bonus.

It's not Meta, but its two crit lines and up to 516 spell damage, depending on how much pieces you gold out.
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • Sussuris
    Sussuris
    ✭✭

That magicka buff is actually slightly useful - templar has a lot of magicka intensive DoT's. But as to the sets duplicating Minor Slayer, it's just cause Siro gives a lot of SD/WD, so even with the effectively lost 3rd pc bonus, it outweighs a lot of options.

Siro -> Kinras -> Deadly -> Pillar
    > Gryphons

The top 4 are very close. I don't know where Coral or Aegis fall in, having not tested them personally

For my own usage, I prefer rele+deadly and jabbing over rele+siro and spears. Reliable, easier to weave, and not vulnerable to moving fights
    Options
  • nb_rich
    nb_rich
    ✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I play stamplar on ps eu and wear perf. Coral riptide and pillar of nirn for trials. Depending on mood I either go Nerienth monster set or Moras whispers and slimecraw hat

I might try coral and pillar together sounds interesting. I play on ps na and for some reason no one does the new trial so it might take me a while to get coral
    nb_rich
    Options
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sussuris oh no doubt, as all Templars have need for some magicka. I've just never had a need for 1000 m or magicka. I like Siroria a lot, it tends to be forgotten.
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nb_rich wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

I might try coral and pillar together sounds interesting. I play on ps na and for some reason no one does the new trial so it might take me a while to get coral

I like that I don’t have to do stack management any more, its a huge benefit! Stam being low for optimal coral dam isn’t an issue for me, I’ve never had mega high sustain
    Soupy twist
    Options