The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Armor Sets For Ranged Mag Sorc?

DaisyRay
DaisyRay
✭✭✭
Since runes are going to be nerfed, my old set is pretty much useless at the moment. I was curious what sets are good for a ranged mag sorc? It's been a while since I've had to change too much on her lol, when I had something that worked I only partially made adjustments. Any ideas?
⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rallying cry + powerful assault is a decent enough set combo for non shield.

Alfiq + death dealer + 1 domi + 2 trainee + ancient grace is still ok for max mag stack with shields. But honestly mag stack for shields is pretty weak right now.

There are always proc options with DC and PB.

Next patch Mara looks pretty strong. I know I am likely running it and okanesoul.
    Edited by jaws343 on August 21, 2022 11:36PM
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you! I'll try them out.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Alfiq + death dealer + 1 domi + 2 trainee + ancient grace is still ok for max mag stack with shields. But honestly mag stack for shields is pretty weak right now.

Next patch Mara looks pretty strong. I know I am likely running it and okanesoul.

There is no setup which will prevent you from being a farmable dummy sorc in cyrodil.

Don't play sorc. Don't try to carry a dead class.

Play an obnoxious stamblade and own everyone in this game.
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭

PB damage has taken a slight nerf & Charged has been reduced by 115%, so PB isnt doing much

*EDIT - status effect numbers have also dropped
    Edited by DizzyMac on August 22, 2022 1:52PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spinners, war maiden, julianos, crafty alfiq, bright throat boast, vicious death...

more and more I'm using basic sets to try to find some consistency with my toons over time...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max mag builds are dead.

PVP is about proc sets, proc sets scale off spell/weapon damage, and you don’t have any spell damage because you need 48K max stat for your shields that most people one-shot.

Your damage scales poorly off of your one stat stack. You have no healing compared to some guy running around with 8K spell damage. There are no good damage sets for you, because damage scales so poorly with your max stat.

The devs are not bright enough to fix the spec, they just keep making it worse. One of the lead designers was a nightblade YouTube streamer, so you understand why things are so bad.
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Rune is not as bad as I thought it was, but I do agree. I still use shields even though it doesn't work in some situations, but it does keep me alive from non gankers and one shotters. I do wish they had showed some love to this.

However, I have put maiden on my sorc and it has been a lot better. I'm sure it could be more, but I still like sorcs. It was the first char I ever made.
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭

There is no setup which will prevent you from being a farmable dummy sorc in cyrodil.

is that why on my kill counter, ive killed more NBs than theyve killed me? Killed more NBs than any other class? [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 3, 2022 4:42PM
  • kurbbie_s
    kurbbie_s
    ✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    Rune is not as bad as I thought it was, but I do agree. I still use shields even though it doesn't work in some situations, but it does keep me alive from non gankers and one shotters. I do wish they had showed some love to this.

However, I have put maiden on my sorc and it has been a lot better. I'm sure it could be more, but I still like sorcs. It was the first char I ever made.

run highest direct damage set you can get, drop max magicka. Go for high spell damage and pen. Rally Cry and Powerful Assault. Powerful Assault/Spinners. Etc. Build for max damage, everyone is tanky, even us in light armor.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kurbbie_s wrote: »

is that why on my kill counter, ive killed more NBs than theyve killed me? Killed more NBs than any other class? [snip]

Mag sorc is literally a one shot on a stamblade and its not even a gank build.

NB mains don't know to play their own class

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 3, 2022 4:43PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DizzyMac wrote: »

*EDIT - status effect numbers have also dropped

I did not know this.

Are the new numbers listed somewhere reliable?
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭

run highest direct damage set you can get, drop max magicka. Go for high spell damage and pen. Rally Cry and Powerful Assault. Powerful Assault/Spinners. Etc. Build for max damage, everyone is tanky, even us in light armor.

I do have rally cry and assault, but never tried them on my sorc. I'm going to try it today, thank for the suggestion!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do have rally cry and assault, but never tried them on my sorc. I'm going to try it today, thank for the suggestion!

I like the combo because you can proc both with Vigor, and you can get away from needing a restro staff for healing.