The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Economy imbalance PVP vs PVE-what is your solution?

Beaverton
Beaverton
✭✭✭
This has undoubtedly been brought up before but it is frustrating that it is so much more difficult to make gold through PVP activities vs PVE activities. What do we have? Selling pots, selling mats from crap gear that we decon, selling like 3 set pieces out of the hundreds available, a couple of costumes...what am I missing?

Anyone have any ideas about how to change this?

How about if they let us sell transmute crystals?

Occasional gold mats from rewards of the worthy?

More gold in rewards for the worthy?

What ideas do you guys have?
Edited by Beaverton on August 21, 2022 5:53PM
Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Month end rewards are kind of terrible in my opinion. Especially if you're a casual PvP player. Some of us can't play several hours a day or even a week to get high enough up on the leaderboards to get gold items. Month end campaign rewards definitely need to be re-tweaked. Rewards for the worthy should be looked at as well. Gold is very minimum and I'd like to see more transmutes given out honestly too
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP vs PvP? You might want to edit that title so it delivers the message you seem to be intending.

How to change it, buy what sells for the most, or directly sell/trade your AP. Some of the motif chapters (thinking Akaviri) may for a pretty penny. Dawn-Prism and Triune jewelry has good gold value.
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    PvP vs PvP? You might want to edit that title so it delivers the message you seem to be intending.

How to change it, buy what sells for the most, or directly sell/trade your AP. Some of the motif chapters (thinking Akaviri) may for a pretty penny. Dawn-Prism and Triune jewelry has good gold value.

OOOPS! Didn't have my coffee yet.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is bound in Cyrodiil as an incentive to interact with the guild trader system. Cyrodiil is literally designed to require you to buy stuff with AP and interact with other players as a way to convert your AP to gold.
    • Midyear Mayhem features tons of legendary jewelry at golden vendor that can only be bought with AP. Some of the sets are quite popular in PVE but PVE players don't have the AP to buy it. Buy it with AP and sell it to them for gold.
    • Several motif pages (Akaviri, Militant Ordinator, maybe one more) are only available to purchase with AP. Most of the "Fashion Scrolls Online" players do not have the AP to buy these motifs. Buy it with AP and sell it to them for gold.
    • Triune trait and glyphs are popular in PVE, both for certain hybrid builds and research. Buy Dawn Prism with AP or Hakeijo with Tel Var and sell it for gold.
    • While there is some RNG involved, buying gear coffers with AP or Tel Var for popular sets like Deadly Strikes and Powerful Assault can get you weapons that sell for a lot of gold.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tel Var Stones and Alliance points are currency of PvP and gold is more currency of PvE.
    You don't get any TVSs and APs in PvE, so it is natural that you get more gold.
    Asking for more gold in PvP is same as asking for getting APs or TVSs in PvE.
    Edited by Elendir2am on August 21, 2022 7:28PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I checked my sales for past 30 days. Seems fine.

Untitled.png
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow @EF321 , whatcha gonna do with all that gold :)

I wholeheartedly agree, pump up the gold for the rewards for the worthy bags and most definitely end of campaign rewards...

seriously, 6,950 gold (or whatever it is) for a 3rd place finish after participating for 30 days is a really bad joke...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

Untitled.png

Those sale values for a lot of those items are radically inflated compared to what MM and ATT say they usually sell for.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Untitled.png

Those sale values for a lot of those items are radically inflated compared to what MM and ATT say they usually sell for.

BiS traits are in demand. Always check what is actually available on market right now, not what was it selling for in the past :)

I'll name a few from what you can see on screenshot: Sharpened DC mace was the only one of it's kind at time of listing, Battalion Defender both pieces you can see completely zero listings at time of posting, well-fitted plaguebreak pieces only a few available at the time.
    Edited by EF321 on August 22, 2022 6:08PM
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Untitled.png

BiS traits are in demand. Always check what is actually available on market right now, not what was it selling for in the past :)

I'll name a few from what you can see on screenshot: Sharpened DC mace was the only one of it's kind at time of listing, Battalion Defender both pieces you can see completely zero listings at time of posting, well-fitted plaguebreak pieces only a few available at the time.

Traits on items don't matter anymore in terms of sales, for the most part anyway. Once you have the item in your stickerbook you can reconstruct the item in any trait you want.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Traits on items don't matter anymore in terms of sales, for the most part anyway. Once you have the item in your stickerbook you can reconstruct the item in any trait you want.

They don't matter on "collection pieces", like that phoenix inferno with irrelevant trait. They do matter on popular sets that are bought for actual use.

Real example: person buys last on market well-fitted plaguebreak boots from me for half a million, a couple of hour later I see them in BGs running plaguebreak. Likely had money, didn't have transmutes, wanted to play asap.

Some are not into crafting at all and may not have traits researched, some just prefer "natural" armor over reconstructed/retraited, some don't have access to transmutation station even.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Untitled.png

Clearly, they do not have the item in the stickerbook if they are buying it. If the person you quoted is selling the items for that price, then the price is relevant.

Edited by Amottica on August 24, 2022 7:44PM
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Untitled.png

Clearly, they do not have the item in the stickerbook if they are buying it. If the person you quoted is selling the items for that price, then the price is relevant.

For some of us, gold is cheaper than transmutes. I'll have a look if I can find an item with the trait I want for sale at a reasonable price before I transmute.
    PC - NA