The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Idea: Companion scrolls for writ vouchers

kind_hero
kind_hero
✭✭✭✭✭
Leveling companions is grindy enough. It is great that their level is account wide, but the reputation with guilds and rapport with your characters is not. These two grinds are even more frustrating. Not to mention leveling weapon skills for companions takes ages.

I don't understand why tokens to level companions in guilds are restricted to event tickets. Seems like a an uninspired solution, because usually people want to use the tickets to buy collectibles, not consumables.

So, why not make use of the crafting system, and have certain scrolls that can be bought with vouchers, same like crafting research scrolls?

My idea is to have scrolls for companion xp (booster), guild level, rapport and weapon skill lines, available in the Mastercraft Mediator's store, or have a new separate assistant of his for that (there are already lots of items). Such items could also be craftable, maybe an xp booster potion/food for companions?

What do you think?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 22, 2022 1:34AM
[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed there addition in that they give me something to spend excess event tickets on, but I think your idea is solid. I don't really see the harm in them being tradable like that too?

I really don't understand why they have made companion levelling such a grind to begin with though.....so there's probably not much chance of this...
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they will do it eventually, once the number of companion will exceed 6-8. As long as there are 4 of them, it's unlikely they'll do anything.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have purposely made them grindy so we spend more time in game on them.

While I would like something like that available either for writ vouchers or gold, its far more likely they will put the solution to levelling up companions quickly in the crown store at some point in the future probably after they release a few more companions.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would appreciate some faster way to level them up in general. Most of my play is in areas I cannot use them - Cyrodiil and trials. I got Bastion to max level and I want to level up Isobel but I am still leveling up Mirri.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA