Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry Crafter Writs: little reward for high cost to craft

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
Materials for Jewelry platings are hard to come by and enough platings to upgrade jewelry takes a long time to accumulate. So why does somethings so hard to craft offer such little reward? 29 writ vouchers for blue jewelry is not worth it at all. My inventory quickly fills up with master jewelry crafting writs that are not worth doing because I would rather use those mats for character builds than only get about 29 vouchers for blue jewelry.
  • theoriginalpickle
    theoriginalpickle
    ✭✭✭
    At this point i just straight up delete jewellery writs they are worth so little in the traders and cost way to much.
    ]I am always the original pickle tickler nothing will stop my merciless reign
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sell the purple and gold level ones (people buy them)... along with all gold level clothing, enchanting requiring hakeijo, and provisioning requiring perfect roe.

The base-trait blue jewelry are actually not terrible to do if you are buying writ voucher items for your own use. There are better, but they can get you to your goal faster.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple ones are really useful if you are getting going because you tend to have acquired enough purple mats along the way to do a few purple ones and get your six storage boxes, which lets face it is the only reason for most people to do masteer writs ;-)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The high cost of jewelry crafting upgrades is intended. Zenimax stated they wanted such a thing to be less common than upgrading our armor and weapons and intended for it to stay this way.

The most reliable way to get upgrade materials, especially gold quality, is to do the jewelry writs with max-level jewelry crafting on every character daily. It is quick and easy, and the rewards are very much worth it. The only points needed are for the level of material, and it pretty much needs to be at max level.

and as another said, delete jewelry crafting writs.

Edited by Amottica on August 28, 2022 7:25PM
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    I do the blue ones as long they are arcane/robust/healthy.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you just let the grains trickle in from doing dailies, then they can all be worth doing. None are worth buying materials for, so I usually trash the bloodthirsty, harmony, or triune ones, as I never get the mats for those.

The few purple or even gold writs I’ve done brought in huge numbers of vouchers.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just destroy the triune ones.
    Everything else can be aquired easily.

PS - I never buy mats: all comes from jjust farming a bit while playing n collecting survey reports.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel ya, but its the natural order of things. We all do, maybe even buy and do a bunch early...then we start maybe only doing certain ones (some have an ok return)....then we start just doing blue ones during double XP events and selling the rest....then we start trashing the blue ones.

Nah, I agree. The drop rate should change as a worst case....better yet the vouchers should go up to match the market rates...unfortunately the market rates are so disprate from platform to platform this is probably never on the cards....either that or they could fix the 'bright idea' of jewelry tempers....it's as bad as companion levels in terms of 'poorly thought out grind that helps no user nor the company'.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have stored them in the hope that one of three things would happen:

1: Zos would change the drop rate
    2: I would farm enough mats for the cost not to matter overly much.
    3: I would have enough gold for the cost not to matter overly much

The first isn't gonna happen so I manage to fluctuate between 2 and 3.

The only advantages that jewelry master writs have over others is that they don't require style page knowledge and total research knowledge is fast when compared to clothier and blacksmithing. Trait and improvement level is where all of the cost is.

I only do them if I need vouchers and an exp boost together.