Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Almost back after 9months at sea. What did I miss?

ice34697
ice34697
✭✭✭
So, after being gone at sea for the last 9months, I'm nearly home and itching to get back to ESO/Tamriel. I know I missed a bunch of in-game events and the launch of High Isle, and from the looks of the forums, Update 35 is not a very popular thing. At least I'll be back just in time for the Witches Festival.

Is there anything major, besides High Isle, that I missed?

I know I have a lot to catch up on. Last I remember, I was questing through Southern Elswyer when I left back on the 1st of December.

Best Answer

• EldritchSun
    EldritchSun
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they hybridized magicka and stamina sets and abilities, so every skill now scales with your highest offensive stat, i.e you can use stam skills on a magicka character with their full potential and vice versa. Also, the new patch is gonna hit the live servers and this is terrible. Overall damage nerfed, DoTs got gutted, stamina based Vigor heal outperforms restoration staff skills and many, many other weird things.
    Edited by EldritchSun on August 21, 2022 12:13AM
    Answer ✓
  • ice34697
    ice34697
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they hybridized magicka and stamina sets and abilities, so every skill now scales with your highest offensive stat, i.e you can use stam skills on a magicka character with their full potential and vice versa. Also, the new patch is gonna hit the live servers and this is terrible. Overall damage nerfed, DoTs got gutted, stamina based Vigor heal outperforms restoration staff skills and many, many other weird things.

Appreciate it. Not sure what to make of the hybrid stuff yet, but sounds like the new patch may cause some headaches. I'll see soon enough. Thanks.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ice34697 wrote: »

Appreciate it. Not sure what to make of the hybrid stuff yet, but sounds like the new patch may cause some headaches. I'll see soon enough. Thanks.

i think it adds a little more flexibility

for example i have a stamplar, but i still use the cleansing ritual as an additional heal over time

before hybridization, the healing values on cleansing ritual scaled off max mag and spell dmg, which because i was a stam build gave me about 40-50% weaker heal values

now when i use this skill, the healing values are "full power" because they are being scaled to the higher stats
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go back to sea, it will be better next time you come back(I hope). While back at sea, you can remember the way it was instead of the way it is now. lol See for yourself of course, I'm just salty.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ice34697
    ice34697
    ✭✭✭
    Go back to sea, it will be better next time you come back(I hope). While back at sea, you can remember the way it was instead of the way it is now. lol See for yourself of course, I'm just salty.

lol heck no. i'm finally done with being at sea. i got 3 years of shore duty coming up and then it's retirement time.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL. A lot. Doing vet content has become an endless (or at least very long lasting) source of fun ;)
    Edited by fiender66 on August 26, 2022 2:39PM
  • Captain_Devildog
    Captain_Devildog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turn around come back later the game became not fun at all.