Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we get group duels please?

Ominer
Ominer
✭✭✭
PC EU just held another 2v2 tournament in the Imperial City, it went alright, some interruptions from random people but if we could get group duels outside of PvP zones it'd make organising and running these events much easier.

There's a way to access an area out of bounds within IC that would limit the interruptions but this is a hassle & could be breaking TOS so organisers don't want to use / stream it.

Teams have to deal with ults & cross heals going onto random players in the crowd and it just quickly becomes messy.

Also, the 2 final teams were both on the same alliance so couldn't even fight each other.

IDK how difficult this would be to implement but it'd be an appreciated PvP update the community have been looking for.

You could even release another arena style house with it enabled or a DLC and make some money off it.

Again, not highest on the list of my personal priorities for pvp improvements as a solo player but i know EU & NA duelling communities would appreciate the QoL improvement.
Edited by Ominer on August 20, 2022 6:48PM
  • RatchetKaar
    RatchetKaar
    ✭✭
    I will take any new pvp content tbh.
    We haven't gotten anything new to pvp other then sets in forever.
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry buddy, a useful tool for PvP players that's implemented in other games at launch is just too difficult to accomplish in 8 years.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree - group dueling would be so great!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed group duelling would remove so many unnecessary headaches for people who like to organise tournaments/competitions.
  • caserdar
    caserdar
    ✭✭✭
    he said please so now this has to be implemented
  • Ominer
    Ominer
    ✭✭✭
    I just think they could do a lot more with duelling in the game really. 90% of players don't know it exists outside of trying to get their daily endeavour.

I've had a lot of fun, made massive pvp improvements and met some nice people ingame doing it.
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    BGs
    lobby
    system

with a spectator mode, but that would take time and effort from ZOS for a part of the game that costs a lot of server space and doesn't bring much
  • Ominer
    Ominer
    ✭✭✭
    Zekka wrote: »
    BGs
    lobby
    system

with a spectator mode, but that would take time and effort from ZOS for a part of the game that costs a lot of server space and doesn't bring much

Yeah, altering the BG system to incorporate it sounds like a lot of work.

My thoughts were one group leader invites other group leader to duel. Then the ingame ready check system (that already exists for use in dungeons) checks all players are ready, then once they've all accepted the duel begins.

But idk, i'm sure they could figure something out but I don't code games so it's beyond me.
  • MalcolM24
    MalcolM24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, PvP in general could definitely use some more attention and this is one nice way to do it.
  • MihailioG
    MihailioG
    Soul Shriven
    Having a 2s arenas wuld be great stuff for PvP comunity.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also PvP regions in our homes so we can host fight clubs and FFAs
    PvP needs more love.
  • Trandaner
    Trandaner
    ✭✭✭
    I agree group duels would be a nice addition to the game
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve made a few posts over the years requesting this. It would add a tremendous amount of content to the game without too much work from ZOS, and would even be profitable for the company. If group dueling were to be introduced then PvP players could make group dueling maps within player housing, which would be a ton of fun and would probably get PvP players to purchase housing/housing packs.

This would also give us a way to do competitive XvX arena style content without the need for ZOS to introduce much new code at all.
  • BlackCatOnline-
    BlackCatOnline-
    ✭✭✭
    Curious idea
    We know for 1v1 duels you select one player to challenge at a time but in order to team challenge... Off the top of my head I'd imagine pregrouping and then utilizing the utility/ emote wheel to select duels based on group number. Or we could have home furnishing duel arenas with presets and private instances 🤔
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At the most basic, adding one more player to the duel system. Make it instanced like BGs and it won't cause disruptions in other content.
    I would buy a house if that's what it takes to implement.
    You could also go the whole 9 yards and give PvP some actual content in the form of a physical arena with betting on player duels and multi team set ups. Hammerdeath is half baked at best. Even use existing places like the Imperial throne room, or other areas from the game with naturally good set ups.
    Since we rely on ourselves for balance - you don't have to hear any many complaints.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd be better off using a far off corner of cyrodiil. Likely no one will ever know you're there. If it's just a few people at once you won't make a marker just like IC.

You can even put camps up. There are also a ton of buildings to can enter for extra fun.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • caserdar
    caserdar
    ✭✭✭
    ninjagank wrote: »
    You'd be better off using a far off corner of cyrodiil. Likely no one will ever know you're there. If it's just a few people at once you won't make a marker just like IC.

You can even put camps up. There are also a ton of buildings to can enter for extra fun.

this is not enough, this being not enough is the whole point of this post and there are couple of reasons why it isnt.
    first reason is because pvp zones are alliance based so you are locked out of doing a gvg with your own factions members.another reason is no matter how far of a corner you go or even if you do exploits to get our of the map bounds if the event is a community event being streamed, its very likely that people will watch the stream and show up at that point in map.
  • Ominer
    Ominer
    ✭✭✭
    ninjagank wrote: »

Yeah, they've tried this before, picking a random location far away from any key points on the map and only releasing it right before the start of the event. You still get random people griefing them dropping negates mid duels etc.

Plus, you have the issue with the faction system and significant lag in there still too.
    Edited by Ominer on August 24, 2022 8:48AM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I wasn't saying it is the best situation, only that you are less likely to get interrupted somewhere in the outer boundaries of BR Cyrodiil.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Custom bg lobbies. Choose number of teams, players per team, set conditions ( proc, no proc) cp or not. Make it so you don't get AP so it can't be abused.