As a release player, I am truly saddened by this state of CP pvp right now.
Edited by Danse_Mayhem on August 20, 2022 9:23PM
Battlegrounds and non CP is slightly better, but I’ll list some frustrations that I know others share, because there already a bunch of posts about these ;
- The bomb meta. Literally every.single.player. Is a bomber now with either a copy paste harmony necro or a plaguebreak whirling blades spam or some carve tank. It’s boring and it’s OP. Sure we can all just jump on that bandwagon and I don’t even blame the players who did, because it’s better than constantly dying to it, but that’s all that populates cyrodil now.
- sets do pretty much all of the work. Plaguebreak, vicious death, caluurions etc all seem to just do all of the work.
- Healing is cracked. No need for high resistances anymore when we can just spam 20k dragon bloods over and over. Since defile was nerfed into the ground, there’s no counter play to this.
- Occult overload gets it’s own mention. How drunk was the team when buffing this to over 3x it’s original value? 12800 is nothing in PVE so it’s not needed there, but it’s devastating in pvp, especially when it works on guards.
- We are punished for friendly players actions. Plaguebreak, vicious death and occult overload can one shot you just for being stood near a friendly player. These aren’t Zerg counters because the Zerg always uses them to dominate. They just ruin smaller groups even harder. This means we can’t stand near newer players to show them the ropes, and in some cases we can’t even stand near guards to defend a keep.
- Volendrung. Cool mechanic that was maybe intended to help the underdog of the campaign as the emperor can’t pick it up? But in reality the Zerg just gets it eventually and wipes the whole map even faster.
- dark convergence and rush of agony. Yes DC is annoying but players are slowly learning that ROA can be used twice as often, has no warning animation and can be spammed by a group for essentially a stun lock of pulls that don’t grant CC immunity. Things are about to get much worse when the groups all swap over from DC to ROA.
Pvp sucks right now. Not even talking about the server strength, lag or connection. The balance is just crazy. Every fight is just a mash up of over healed proc builds bouncing off each other until someone misses a block on a DC/ROA pull, then Plaguebreak or occult overload instantly wipes one side and it’s over in a second
Yeah this is a rant and I’m sour. I’ve put 8 years into this game and building communities such as FB pages, multiple guilds, a YouTube channel, twitch stream and more hours than I can count, but as a PvP main this current patch is just terrible - By far the worst since release.
As a player base we aren’t listened to whatsoever when we raise these issues because on PTS we tell you not to release oakensoul, or dark convergence, or rush of agony, and tone down plaguebreak + occult overload, and it all just happens anyway.
I know this will be overshadowed by the absolute mess of an update that U35 is with PVE but we pvpers aren’t asking for entire game overhauls, just to remove or tone down the game breaking stuff that kills variety.
Get rid of this boring bomb meta and stop all of the OP sets doing all of the work.
ＤＡＭＮ ＴＨＩＳ ＣＯＭＭＥＮＴ ＩＳ ＦＡＮＣＹ！