Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Penetration cap & build, viable?! ( PvP )

Vanos444
Vanos444
✭✭✭✭✭
So, what is the penetration cap in the current ESO?!

Also, if I make a build solely on penetration let's say,
Firstly, being a bosmer gives a boost to penetration
Secondly, maces
Thirdly, CP
and Lastly, gear set...
Also, being a warden in U35 boost penetration....
And NB gets a boost on crit/damage with the help of cloak and being concealed...

So, can I nuke / one-shot a player by going full penetration?!!
Edited by Vanos444 on August 20, 2022 6:56AM

Best Answer

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    penetration "cap" doesnt really exist

in terms of "effective" penetration there is a soft cap, which is how much armor the target has

in veteran PVE content the absolute highest penetration you need between your own penetration and -armor debuffs (major and minor breach) is 18200

since your talking about pvp more, you would need a significantly higher penetration number to completely ignore a targets armor since many people run 33k (or more) armor

another note for pvp is that crit dmg is less useful there, due to cp everyone has built in crit resistance (like 1300 or so) and most avid pvpers will probably have between 2500-3500 crit resistance

using a set like balorghs can give you extremely high penetration (like +12k) if you use 500 ultimate for 10 sec, on top of whatever your base pen is and then account for debuffs on the target

if your in pvp dealing with a zerg, and you want ranged penetration, there is the option of the hew and sunder set, where you get a large penetration bonus after landing a heavy attack (like ~1000 pen per enemy within 8 meter of the target)

going full penetration helps with killing a player, by ignoring armor you will be hitting harder, but i dont think there is any skill you can use that will do 30k+ dmg in 1 attack (unless your say a bomber and you get a good bomb then you could nuke an entire zerg)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
    Answer ✓
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably better to ask in the PvP section.

The gank builds tend to be based upon combinations not one shots, or on exploiting flaws in the game balance (which is why empower has changed to fix the U34 heavy attack problem).

Most big hit/one shots are built around combinations of skills and sets with ultimates (eg vicious death with dark convergence, the occult overload CP and the necro colossus).

Too many toons not enough time