The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What a sad end for PvP in ESO

rbfrgsp
rbfrgsp
✭✭✭✭✭
It's mid afternoon on PCEU during school vacation. The two non alliance lock camps are deserted (one bar / all factions) and GH the whole map is blue with one DC group running and AD and EP both empty. The community has gone. Very sad.
Edited by rbfrgsp on August 19, 2022 2:24PM
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never understood taking the entire map and then just sitting there with a full bar or 3 bars while the other 2 alliances have 0. You own the map, scrolls and emp...doesn't it get boring sweating that hard having no one to fight?
  • Gahn
    Gahn
    Soul Shriven
    Last Campaign I read a lot of pvpers complaining being a Pact and converting to DC after campaign end. Other people also went Dominion. Every faction focusing on one campaign, where they are strongest. I think the way campaign rewards work and how it makes people joining winning teams of the former campaign creates this imbalance. Blue hat 30min GH Queue while yellow and red where half empty. I think they need to rework how rewarding campaigns work and how u can and cant switch.
  • ThirdEye_PULSE
    ThirdEye_PULSE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gahn wrote: »
    Last Campaign I read a lot of pvpers complaining being a Pact and converting to DC after campaign end. Other people also went Dominion. Every faction focusing on one campaign, where they are strongest. I think the way campaign rewards work and how it makes people joining winning teams of the former campaign creates this imbalance. Blue hat 30min GH Queue while yellow and red where half empty. I think they need to rework how rewarding campaigns work and how u can and cant switch.

Yeah. I think rewards are part of the problem. Ie: doing cyrodil is one of best ways to farm transmute crystals in the game. Seems to encourage players to find the campaign their alliance is strongest in and simply farming for the transmute crystals you need while having the extreme upper hand in that campaign. Especially players that can take it or leave it when it comes to pvp but they want those crystals.

Idk. Just my guess.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    I never understood taking the entire map and then just sitting there with a full bar or 3 bars while the other 2 alliances have 0. You own the map, scrolls and emp...doesn't it get boring sweating that hard having no one to fight?

A certain mentality of "PvP" players just want to win at the end of the month and will burn down the entire campaign to make that happen. PvDoor and faction-stacking are their only tools.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    It's mid afternoon on PCEU during school vacation. The two non alliance lock camps are deserted (one bar / all factions) and GH the whole map is blue with one DC group running and AD and EP both empty. The community has gone. Very sad.

After every pvp event, there is an empty time. It is normal, don't worry.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • ThirdEye_PULSE
    ThirdEye_PULSE
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if you made a reward multiplier for the disadvantaged alliance during each day of each campaign? Could encourage people to join in disadvantaged campaigns.

Changing alliance shouldnt be behind a paywall. You could allow people to change alliance if they join the losing alliance.
    Edited by ThirdEye_PULSE on August 19, 2022 5:39PM
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    its exactly the same on ps eu
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we really need help from zos, somehow, someway we have to give each alliance a fighting chance - and, it needs to be directly linked to player population...

there just ain't poop you can do if one of the other alliances floods the server...

we need better coding and gameplay rules to help those folks who are getting wiped off the map - consistently...

there needs to be some "consistency" of gameplay - that should be an expectation that zos meets...

bump my home keep guards and walls, make it much more difficult to snatch my scrolls, i don't care if there are only two of us at the ni-mohk scroll temple defending against a full group of 12 - buff me, buff the guards and at least give me a chance...

even a small chance, but, yeah - my guess is there's one sole coder dedicated to cyrodiil, and they look like this:
    200w.gif?cid=82a1493bk454md3ljs0xndzstintfcb8hztp9aloc82pnapg&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, and this thread - should be within the general discussion section, it's a pretty significant game issue...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please, someone tell me i'm wrong - zos has turned all us cyro folks in to a milton...
    office-space-stephen-root.gif
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Cyrodiil needs tuning.

And please stop taking it on players!
    ZOS promotes players to convergence into one big group. The biggest group takes the map. Period.

The only way to fix that is to give players more incentives for splitting, right now there is 0 advantage to split the groups.
    Edited by Didgerion on August 19, 2022 7:27PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The PvP community has gradually shrunk over the years. The combination of new item releases that cause a massive meta shift (in a bad way) and the combat balancing caused many players to give up playing. On PC NA there is still an influx of new PvPers, but that's just mostly from console transfers. I'm pretty sure actual new PvPers are very rare.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully if the servers get updated on PC EU more people will play pvp. Since the reason i barely play cyro anymore is because its unplayable and blackreach is dead.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One issue is paid faction swapping, it's garbage. Faction swap should cost ($50-100) a lot more, or a very long cool down 6m-1year.
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are coasting till patch to decide whether they will play this patch.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe a the population stat bonus or penalty variance should be used to offset issues with players population. This bonus or penalty will be % based.

For instance there was 3 bars EP and one bar DC and no bar AD. In this type of situation the AD and DC team should receive a buff. Find the % deference in population and apply that to each alliance as a bonus or negative. So let’s say that AD has 98% less players than EP does and DC had 75% less than EP. AD players would get a 98% increase in all stats and EP would have a penalty of 49% reduction to their stats. DC would get a increase of 75% and EP would get a reduction of 37%.

This type of change would provide the under manned alliances a fighting chance.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is in desperate need of a overhaul to fix this from happening. Population has absolutely gone down over the years due to server performance, the constant number of old & new bugs, dealing with one alliance owning the entire map, scrolls and emp for the whole duration of campaigns...it's just time for a Cyrodiil overhaul. I'd say maybe look at instead of campaigns going for 30 days or whatever...just make campaigns endless. Cyro is supposed to be a constant war so treat it as such. I'd like to see a 2 alliance system instead of 3 as well
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true. I'm only logging in to complete the conquest mission to collect the arena gladiator proofs to hit my minimum trade guild sales. If I wasn't doing that I wouldn't be going to cyro at all and, by extension, any of ESO.

I don't agree with people saying cyrodiil needs a dramatic overhaul though. What is there needs fixing, that's all.
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is true. I'm only logging in to complete the conquest mission to collect the arena gladiator proofs to hit my minimum trade guild sales. If I wasn't doing that I wouldn't be going to cyro at all and, by extension, any of ESO.

I don't agree with people saying cyrodiil needs a dramatic overhaul though. What is there needs fixing, that's all.

Not sure what you have been playing. For 8 years, broken balance, broken engine, A single map that is too large for the population, a population limit that has been shrunk to almost coorpg levels so aforementioned engine can cope, and a population that has in turn shrunk to a tiny core set. Then you have gameplay that has degenerated by all these factors into Blob v Wall and gate races. That's a pretty dramatic overhaul needed considering wvw was one of the headline features of this game.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the whole map is yours... then you may be able to win the season for your team, but what do you get for winning the season? You can't farm APs from capturing keeps or resources if there's nothing left to capture. My main character is DC - but if the DC dominate a map, I come in on an EP or AD character and start solo flipping resources that are close to the home keeps, or see if I can join a mini zerg (if there are enough people online) and grab a keep back, because that's where APs are to be found.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veteran players stay for the combat not ap even the rewards are worthless
    Performance is at an all time low and promises of a fix that never eventuates
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarc wrote: »

After every pvp event, there is an empty time. It is normal, don't worry.

yes, should then last until the next pvp event...
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    If the whole map is yours... then you may be able to win the season for your team, but what do you get for winning the season? You can't farm APs from capturing keeps or resources if there's nothing left to capture. My main character is DC - but if the DC dominate a map, I come in on an EP or AD character and start solo flipping resources that are close to the home keeps, or see if I can join a mini zerg (if there are enough people online) and grab a keep back, because that's where APs are to be found.

LMAO…..when you try to flip a resource the hornets come out and sting you to your death because they have nothing else to do.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As expected dark c is still being widely used and abused. Its almost as if that nerf was totally irrelevant.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »

While I agree to a point what are people supposed to do? If I can only play from noon to 4 and that's the only option, am I supposed to just not play?

It happens in BR on XB ever afternoon. Either it's red or blue. It's frustrating. What's the solution? I don't know. It's an unfortunate consequence of split campaigns and the faction system.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    You wanted faction lock, now dont complain that the campaigns/ the community is dying out.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are about one step away from Cyrodiil being converted into a pve zone for a future dlc. Community disapproval of pvp has never been higher and the quality of fights has never been lower. It would probably be a pretty good chapter, but I just don't care for pve in this game. I really don't see this ending well for cyrodiil pvp.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Suppose They Gave a War and No One Came"

Performance issues made players leave. Cyrodiil is a war, made for large scale battles. No players, no fun. Easy.

I would pay a lot of money for a big PvP DLC. I would even buy a new game called "ESO PvP" with extra DLCs. Someone please take my money and make this game!

They broke all their promises regarding PvP, but they obviously had plans for it. Maybe one day they can solve their problems and give us what we have been hoping for for so many years.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    You wanted [2D6], now dont complain that the campaigns/ the community is dying out.

2D6
    2 no proc
    3 proc sets to return
    4 high damage meta
    5 low damage meta
    6 tank meta
    7 faction lock
    8 cross-faction play
    9 lowered faction cap
    10 smaller group sizes
    11 more campaigns, different rulesets
    12 NPC's buffed

You cannot attribute the entire population evaporating over the last 18 months to one single change, when so many changes have been introduced on basically a patch-by-patch basis.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are about one step away from Cyrodiil being converted into a pve zone for a future dlc. Community disapproval of pvp has never been higher and the quality of fights has never been lower. It would probably be a pretty good chapter, but I just don't care for pve in this game. I really don't see this ending well for cyrodiil pvp.

ESO needs PvP.

It needs to be open-world PvP to contrast with the structured BG and duel game modes.

That open world needs to have some kind of objective (probably physical/geographical) to fight for/over.

It doesn't have to be cyrodiil. And I agree - a PvE cyrodiil chapter would probably actually be really good.

I keep having this idea of a PvP game mode for somewhere new like Solstheim. A totally barren landscape but with some objective like eg ebony seams/mines. Where the harsh terrain conditions mean that every player gets an inbuilt deterioration the longer they are actively PvPing so you have to eventually return to a base camp to "refresh" and objectives can only be held long term by a side having a steady flow of fresh players heading there.

In fact, we kind of have the makings of that game mode now. The perma debuff bug means you have to return to cheesemongers hollow in base camp to wipe them all....