The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Werewolves/Vampires/Treasure Maps/Skyshard

CaptainCamper
CaptainCamper
Soul Shriven
Hey guys!

We've just published a list of new ESO guides perfect for the budding adventurer! We've got some details on the Werewolf and Vampire debate (including the who, what and where), every Skyshard map complete and on a single page, a guide to all the treasure map locations and more :D

Any feedback is most appreciated. You can find the guides here.
  • CaptainCamper
    CaptainCamper
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone else found the Gutstripper to be difficult? Thinking of making a video guide as it was quite the battle.
  • 1337VV4ff135
    1337VV4ff135
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else found the Gutstripper to be difficult?
    As an Altmer sorcerer, I didn't have any problem with Gutstripper and had him down in about a minute by simply spamming Crystal Fragments.

What I am curious about, however, is the location of NPC vampire spawns for the various alliances. Out of curiousity, have you discovered any of their spawn points thus far?
  • smokey9000
    i found gutstrippermuch more difficultin the betas, im not sure if they nerfed him or not but i beat him in about 30 secs in early acess while it took me almost 2 hours of repeated failsbefore beating him in beta
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    He was a handful for my rangies, but my melee classes had no issue with him - in beta.
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    Use the tables and columns up on the platform to block his charge. It works about 70% of the time and how my archer beat him.
  • lauribleu_ESO
    lauribleu_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    smokey9000 wrote: »
    i found gutstrippermuch more difficultin the betas, im not sure if they nerfed him or not but i beat him in about 30 secs in early acess while it took me almost 2 hours of repeated failsbefore beating him in beta
    Not long before launch, Gutsripper was noted as being nerfed in one of the patches, but I don't remember which one. I haven't tried the new Gutsripper yet.
  • Hellsgrim
    Hellsgrim
    Anyone got any more info on where some vampire NPC's are at?
  • Judge_Mental_One
    I had a look at the treasure maps part of the site, it was completely unhelpful. Just a map of the zone with no visable marker to show you where the treasure is.

I have to assume something isn't working properly, and thought I would let OP know.
  • Mykonos
    Mykonos
    your vampire guide is lacking...doesn't really go into where I can get bitten, lvl requirements, etc.
  • IWHBYDB
    IWHBYDB
    Soul Shriven

What I am curious about, however, is the location of NPC vampire spawns for the various alliances. Out of curiousity, have you discovered any of their spawn points thus far?
    I had an encounter (during beta) with vampires in a cave quest in Auridon. The quest line began in a small town on the upper eastern side... began with a P- maybe someone else can help with which one it is... where you go to find someone's son (who turns out to be the vampire). I would "assume" that these could deliver the bite needed for infection. Similarly, during early-access play, I had an encounter with a werewolf in an early quest line (I'm forgetting the location at the moment and apologize!) but the difficulty would appear to be in staying among the living long enough for one to give you the virus.
  • Rai
    Rai
    IWHBYDB wrote: »

I had an encounter (during beta) with vampires in a cave quest in Auridon. The quest line began in a small town on the upper eastern side... began with a P- maybe someone else can help with which one it is... where you go to find someone's son (who turns out to be the vampire). I would "assume" that these could deliver the bite needed for infection. Similarly, during early-access play, I had an encounter with a werewolf in an early quest line (I'm forgetting the location at the moment and apologize!) but the difficulty would appear to be in staying among the living long enough for one to give you the virus.

the vampires or werewolves that you find in low level areas are not the ones that can infect the player, only higher level ones that spawn only during certain times in specifc locations can infect the player, however they are extremely hard to find and I doubt it will become common knowlegde where exactly they spawn for quite some time
  • 1337VV4ff135
    1337VV4ff135
    ✭✭✭
    Rai wrote: »
    ...only higher level ones that spawn only during certain times in specifc locations can infect the player, however they are extremely hard to find and I doubt it will become common knowlegde where exactly they spawn for quite some time

It's true; The vampires and werewolves encountered in the lower level quests will not be able to infect you.

That said, there are currently a few threads going on here that give you (some of) the locations of where you can find them.

Here's one for reference: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/64065/lycanthropy-and-vampirism-in-progress-update-2-4-2-14/p1
  • smokey9000
    smokey9000 wrote: »
    Not long before launch, Gutsripper was noted as being nerfed in one of the patches, but I don't remember which one. I haven't tried the new Gutsripper yet.
    They made him ridiculously easier, prettymuchdropped himfrom a war general to the village idiot in difficulty, also note iveonlyfought him onmy nightblade which im told would explain the difficultyduring beta