The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Add no HoT stacking to battle spirit to counter ball groups

• Kordai
    Kordai
    ✭✭✭
    They've been buffed for a few years now, they have made hilarious buffs and broken sets specifically designed for them. There was a thread like a year ago with some good guild groups commenting how it was a bad idea and would lead to them being even more broken but zos insisted they get buffed again. Like zos has implied either join them or leave.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could change the behavior of skills like radiating regen to apply the hot to 3 people at a time. Recast it? It goes to three people (new or old) and removes it from anyone your RR was still ticking on. If this was the case I'd prefer the heals go to group members only, for what it's worth.

I still think the organized groups would find a way prevail but people would have to find something else to complain about at least. "Nerf cooperation!"
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • freedom2love
    Kordai wrote: »
    They've been buffed for a few years now, they have made hilarious buffs and broken sets specifically designed for them. There was a thread like a year ago with some good guild groups commenting how it was a bad idea and would lead to them being even more broken but zos insisted they get buffed again. Like zos has implied either join them or leave.

Leaving seems like the best option then. I am permanently banned in game anyway.
    Edited by freedom2love on November 19, 2022 2:07PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that battle spirit is the answer to ball group balance issue in general.

If we could somehow have a condition in battle spirit, so it would detect if players are grouped and then make abilities/passives/sets certain % weaker for them, depending on how many people are in the group - then it could potentially resolve a lot of balance issues that "ball groups" are causing.

The problem in general is that Cyro right now is more like a PvP Sandbox that has mixed types of gameplay, without any type of MM as something like this is impossible to introduce. It does not feel like a competitive PvP zone.

People don't care about what happens and they don't care about the scores and who wins or who loses because the core balance issue have been ignored for far too long.

When ball group shows up (we can know that in advance because of lag spikes), then most smart players who have actual experience and they know what will happen - they just go away or stay stealthed and wait till ball group will get bored and they will go away.

^ That is how unbalanced it is. Even if you have like 30 or 40 experienced solo players - they can do nothing about 12 people who stack synergies & healing and synchro casting AOEs, causing so much lag that even ranged light attacks are getting cancelled. There is no counter for this type of playstyle.

What is odd is that every other types of playstyles in the past, as soon as they were overperforming - they got nerfed to oblivion.

I don't want to sound like this and promote any theories, but... Just think of it. The soultions are there. It is not a rocket-science.

If ZOS would care and they would want Cyro to be balanced - they would have added some kind of restrictions so that a "Ball Group" would not be unbeatable & uncounterable like they were pretty much since they started their existence.

So, it is more like ZOS is making Cyro for them. They are the target audience it seems.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Could change the behavior of skills like radiating regen to apply the hot to 3 people at a time. Recast it? It goes to three people (new or old) and removes it from anyone your RR was still ticking on. If this was the case I'd prefer the heals go to group members only, for what it's worth.

I still think the organized groups would find a way prevail but people would have to find something else to complain about at least. "Nerf cooperation!"

I always there should be more skills scaling with numbers of enemies/allies affected like a reverse proxy. People don't have an issue with cooperation being good, rather how good. Over the years they've been given more and more and so yes at this point and with the sure to come further buffs, as history has shown they always do, it's gotten pretty ridiculous. I've healed in a terrible guild group that somehow still managed to do pretty well against good numbers of pugs simply because we'd just never die. Damage coordination was god awful and we basically would just keep trying until eventually people's burst damage lined up. Everybody was below average in skill to put it politely and yet was quite easy to survive, granted this was before more buffs so I'm sure it would be even easier now.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that HOTS and ground HOTS should be limited to 2 casts of a specific morph. For example, a player can have 2x radiating regens, 2x echoing vigors, but that player could not have 3x radiating regens and 2x echoing vigors.

While it wouldn't entirely solve the issues surrounding ball groups, it would certainly go a long way towards it and would likely reduce the server strain they cause by a good margin.

This shouldn't impact PVE either - there aren't any instances in vet trials or dungeons where you need more than two of any skill like this. I asked a few high end PVE players about that specifically when I made this suggestion over in the PTS section - they said that you wouldn't ever have more than two healers in a vet trial, and radiating/echoing wouldn't even really be used to begin with.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tiphis wrote: »
    I always there should be more skills scaling with numbers of enemies/allies affected like a reverse proxy
    They even have the code already in the game for Rallying Cry. Sometimes they do make smart things.

There are so many wheels within wheels of dysfunction about the ball meta, but this could be a good start.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps