The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO+ Subscribers should get the same items as Amazon Prime subscribers.

OmegaFragment
OmegaFragment
✭✭
It has started to frustrate me that me and my wife have been paying for 2 eso+ subscriptions for the last 2 years (over £400) and now people who link amazon prime accounts get free mounts and crown crates and all eso+ subscribers get is a statue/painting furnishing?

If we both wanted the free giveaways from eso for amazon customers we would need 2 amazon prime accounts and that make absolutely no financial sense as we have recently cut out subscriptions for services we no longer need or require... and nobody needs 2 prime accounts in 1 house.

These mounts should be extended to ESO+ subscribers aswell, we help fund the game and I feel as an ESO+ subscriber undervalued most of the time.

I understand that some people feel that ESO+ already gives too much but it costs a lot of money to purchase and I feel that its contents should reflect the price especially with the way the world is going. Money is tight for everyone and the cost of living is increasing month on month.

Please share your thoughts if you agree or disagree that ESO+ members should get the same free items ingame that people who link amazon prime accounts get and please share your reasons why.

Edited by OmegaFragment on August 16, 2022 5:40PM

ESO+ Subscribers should get the same items as Amazon Prime subscribers. 52 votes

Yes ESO+ subscribers should get the same free items as amazon prime members
53%
StxguulFischblutmeekmikoPwooJierdanitGoonyGoatAshrynbutterrum222rexagamemnonSerLorasOakenaxeMichaeEzhhMajThoraxZastrixSmokyRemathilisFluffyBirdcouriersix 28 votes
No ESO+ subscribers should not get the same free items as amazon prime members
40%
AlinielElsonsoEasily_LostKlingenliedAliyavanaJim_PippNordSwordnBoardSilverIce58jaws343MacLaydenSilverStreekTaggundIlythiaAmotticaEmilyElizabethESOMesiteBlinxbradleymsimmonsPDarkBHoodtheoriginalpickle 21 votes
I don't think amazon prime members should get free items and ESO+ should stay the same
5%
TruthSeekerBahometZYandereGirlfriend 3 votes
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that simple .This is probably some form of advertising to raise awareness for both companies between their respective customer base and maybe there's money is involved between Amazon and Zenimax. ESO natively giving their customers items doesn't really achieve that purpose.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is 100% an advertising partnership promotion. Providing the same rewards to pretty much the majority of the player base would kind of defeat the purpose.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon Prime members are not necessarily ESO Plus subscribers, and ESO Plus subscribers are paying extra for the Amazon Prime "freebies." If ESO Plus subscribers got the items instead of getting Amazon Prime or Game Pass then it wouldn't be much of a marketing campaign.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • OmegaFragment
    OmegaFragment
    ✭✭
    I am aware and agree that it is obviously some sort of marketing campaign probably as a way to keep some prime customers as they have just recently raised their prices which is why I unsubscribed from prime.
    Edited by OmegaFragment on August 16, 2022 7:08PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a classic case of "HEEEEY! New customer! Here are flowers, and ladies, and wine, and music! Come join us!.. Not you, old customer, you go sit in your corner and reminisce about free crates". I honestly don't know why acquisition is so much more important than retention everywhere
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the posters above that the Prime freebies are part of an advertising campaign, so I don't think ESO+ should get the same bonuses.

That being said, better ESO+ or daily rewards would be nice. Maybe special daily rewards for ESO+ members, or bonus Seals of Endeavour?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is clearly a promotion via Amazon gaming, much like Twitch drops are. In other words, we get from ESO+ what we pay for and should not expect to get rewards from other systems that we do not participate in.

• Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    The options all relate to rich people. I think "time = money" so people with no disposable income but lots of time spent in game should be rewarded (even if you don't spend that time getting achievements or doing trials or PvP or endeavours). Every 20 hours you should get a free crate.
  • bradleymsimmons
    bradleymsimmons
    ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily agree. They want an exclusive incentive that give Prime members something. Just as ESO wants to give something exclusive to its members. They can be mutually exclusive. If ESO gave members the stuff Prime members get, then why wouldn't Prime members demand the same thing?
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think amazon prime members should get free items and ESO+ should stay the same
    I've never approved of exclusives of any kind. Owning some other product shouldn't really grant you anything exclusive in a completely different piece of content, but it's just how things are, isn't it.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Game Pass Ultimate is the Microsoft equivalent to Prime.
    You get the mount etc with that.
    ESO+ is a singular game sub.
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    Do what I did to get the mounts and pets: LINK YOUR ACCOUNTS. Sure, they will make money off ya, but hey you get a few free mounts and pets.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then it would defeat the purpose of people getting amazon prime, which is the point of the promotion. It's just a partnership to encourage more prime subs by giving free stuff as incentives.