The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for, "Claim the Free Noweyr Pack with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
zzaw7p9exvhc.jpg
Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Claim the Free Noweyr Pack with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate"

"Unlock a free mount, pet, and Crown Crates with your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on August 16, 2022 5:35PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    WARNING: DO NOT SIGN UP FOR GAME PASS ULTIMATE IF YOU DO NOT PLAY VIA XBOX. THIS IS FOR XBOX CUSTOMERS ONLY.

I had a little chat with XBox Game Pass support today when I found out that I could not claim this for my PC version of my game, but only -after- signing up for Ultimate and trying to redeem them. And yes, I meant Zenimax, not Bethesda, but I digress:

Agent said: Hey, thank you for contacting Xbox Support! My name is [EDIT], I’ll be your agent today :) How can I get you back to gaming?

You said: Well, I have some questions that the FAQ will not answer, and I am hoping you have the answers. Why are the Ultimate Game Pass perks not available on PC games?

Agent said: If I may ask, what specific Ultimate Perks are you talking about?

You said: Bethesda. Elder Scrolls Online. The current two in the Perks list. I will get their names for you. Noweyr Pack and Cliff Ram Pack.

Agent said: So from what I'm seeing, it seems like the Elder Scrolls Online base game is only available as a console game on the Xbox store

You said: Yes, but why is it not available on the PC version? Correction: Why are the perks not available on the PC version? Your Ultimate Game Pass allows for PC version play.

Agent said: If I'm going to be completely honest, game developers are the ones who work directly with Xbox and put their content on Game Pass - I'm unsure why Bethesda didn't give access for the Elder Scrolls Online to be available on just console game pass and not PC game pass. Since pretty much every other Elder Scrolls game can be played using PC Game Pass

You said: So it would have had to have been the decision of Bethesda to not allow access to the perks for PC version?

Agent said: It's more of an agreement between both parties for which specific perks are available through Game Pass and which aren't, if that makes sense. I'm just a general advocate, so I have zero idea why the higher-ups at Xbox & Bethesda made that decision, but I can at least inform you that the Elder Scrolls Online can only be played on console using GamePass.

You said: Thank you very much for your help. I hope you have a nice day.

Soooo... To Zenimax or whomever can answer this from the studio: Why are the Game Pass perks not available for PC gamers when you can use Ultimate Game Pass for playing PC games? Please, I just want honesty and up-front responses. No run-arounds, no non-answers. Just honesty.

Also, why did you did not tell us up front on the advertisement that we could not get this via the Game Pass if we were not an XBox player?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The text in the announcement does specify though:

"you can receive in-game items simply by having an active subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S "
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Game Pass can be used for PC versions of games that xbox has. So despite that little phrasing, it was unclear to me at least as to whether or not it would work for the PC version of game pass since Ultimate supports all platforms. Also, the option to try to claim it should NOT have been on the PC Game Pass app if it were not available for the PC version. But it was. Hence...the post.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyberDiva wrote: »
    Game Pass can be used for PC versions of games that xbox has. So despite that little phrasing, it was unclear to me at least as to whether or not it would work for the PC version of game pass since Ultimate supports all platforms. Also, the option to try to claim it should NOT have been on the PC Game Pass app if it were not available for the PC version. But it was. Hence...the post.

There is no PC Game Pass app.

There is a Game Pass app, that encompasses games and perks across both platform sets. Like, there are games that are only PC capable on there, alongside games that are only Xbox capable.
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

There is no PC Game Pass app.

There is a Game Pass app, that encompasses games and perks across both platform sets. Like, there are games that are only PC capable on there, alongside games that are only Xbox capable.

But there is a PC Game Pass app. I am looking at it right now. It is sitting on my computer, hence it is a PC game pass app. Also, if you happen to sign up for PC Game Pass via the website it directs you to install this same app.

h2hjl55ln1nm.png
    dtqxk6rpbekx.png

• CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, sorry for the double image.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's just the Game Pass App. It's the only app for both platform sets and contains content available on both. Just look at it in any app store. Even the game library on the PC Game Pass website links to the entire Game Pass library for both Xbox and PC.

None of this is really relevant though, since the announcement specified Xbox to begin with.
    Edited by jaws343 on August 19, 2022 6:31PM
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it is somewhat relevant because my question as to why the perks are available in Game Pass for xbox only is still unanswered by ZOS.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @CyberDiva Could you clarify the following:

Do you have Xbox Gamepass Ultimate? The perks are specifically for that service. If you do, you should be able to redeem the perks through the xbox app. We just had someone test it to make sure it is working.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Do you have Xbox Gamepass Ultimate? The perks are specifically for that service. If you do, you should be able to redeem the perks through the xbox app. We just had someone test it to make sure it is working.

@ZOS_Kevin But if you are trying to claim it through via XBox Gamepass Ultimate for a linked PC account it won't show up in game.

If you are saying that you just tested that, and it did show up on a PC account, what steps were taken?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering how long it would take for Microsoft's ownership of Zenimax to noticeably affect players.

As a PS4 player, I find this very discouraging (but not surprising).
  • CyberDiva
    CyberDiva
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin I do have XBox Gamepass Ultimate. It is linked to my PC ESO Account. I do not use an XBox. You can click the Claim button without a problem, but the items do not appear in-game.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @CyberDiva to clarify, the perk is for xbox, not PC. So they will populate on Xbox, regardless of what accounts are linked. ESO is not PC Gamepass client. So when you are redeeming the reward, it is redeeming it through Xbox, not PC. This is the case regardless if your account is linked to Gamepass Ultimate. If you were to load the game up on an Xbox (we understand you do not use an Xbox, just noting if you did), you would see the reward there.
    Staff Post