Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Vampire tank templar good in pvp/pve?

Nyseto
Nyseto
✭✭✭
New to eso and haven’t made much progress due to experimenting with different build combinations for race, class, vampire/werewolf. Managed to settle on vampire imperial templar with sword and shield. I’ve been doing some reading and found that attribute points can be spread out significantly if tanking as opposed to dumping all points into either magicka or stamina. I’m thinking 21 in each attribute, is this a good idea?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 15, 2022 2:04AM
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire for pve is generally bad because of the increase to fire dmg you will take. The vampire skill mistform do not reduce any dmg taken in pve if you were thinking about using it. For pvp vampire is good.

You can spend your attribute points as you see fit. Usually players dump them all in one stat or most of all in say stamina and some in health. Your skills damage will scale from the resource pool that is higher. So if your max magicka is higher than stamina all your skills will scale from magicka. For tanking you could spread out your points more if you want. I tjink it is simpler to put them all in one then enchant my item with the stat i want to increase etc up to you
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and that's coming from someone who plays vampire all the time.

ESO tanking is generally speaking one of those things where you're either at 100% or you're dead.... no inbetween. So that means the stage 3 vampire passive, Undeath, is generally speaking not going to help.... much. It still does help, but if you're in a boss fight blocking a seriously overpowered flame attack at full HP it's not helping you, and in fact is hurting you since your stage to get the passive up is now making said attack hurt for worse than it otherwise would've.

If you're going to tank as a vampire stay as low of a stage as you possibly can, and try to get a race with spell resistance or flame resistance to counter the flame weakness.... or just hit the resistance cap.
    Edited by Vevvev on August 15, 2022 12:40AM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tanking on a templar can be frustrating. While you can get the group heals, shields, and buffs, there are no reliable cc's. I always felt very squishy as a templar tank versus DK, necro, warden, and nightblade. I ended up turning the templar tank into a healer and was much happier.

That's not to say it can't be done. I just didn't like it as much as the other classes as it felt like I could die at any moment and wasn't as focused on helping the group.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a word, likely not good nor useful, but maybe fun (not for the group, anyway, lol).
    Templars may be decent tanks in normals and basic dungeons (I usually tank with new plar toons, at least till lvl 40), but other classes are definitely better for more demanding tasks