Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is the game still fun spamming Templar Jabs?

Captain_Devildog
Captain_Devildog
✭✭✭✭
I Play a templar for 5 years and i love spamming jabs, the only class i like and care about..i'm good at pvp but i don't like playing it beceause it's broken..
I pay a few thousand euro's each year to this game because i like it alot and i want to support it.. I play mostly PVE and i despice weaving.. i made a build that gives me 70k damage without weaving or Light/Heavy attacking.. Took me a half year of experimenting to create that on my main magicka Templar.. i played thousand of hours on that character... my main i love it... i love the Punctering Sweep they make ESO the most fun ever for me..
But now i have to wait and see next month, what will be left of that fascinating time.
My Templar..
Wel zos told the people that the Templar skills where about to change.. So i checked and got really anxious..

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

After investing this amount of money and time in an hobby playing a game, to just get surprised that the identity of your main character got erased.

Anyhow i don't see anybody saying positive things about the Jabs.. So if this playstyle is gone that satisfying playstyle with fun and connection..
-I would Leave the game.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 15, 2022 2:07AM
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Play a templar for 5 years and i love spamming jabs, the only class i like and care about..i'm good at pvp but i don't like playing it beceause it's broken..
    I pay a few thousand euro's each year to this game because i like it alot and i want to support it.. I play mostly PVE and i despice weaving.. i made a build that gives me 70k damage without weaving or Light/Heavy attacking.. Took me a half year of experimenting to create that on my main magicka Templar.. i played thousand of hours on that character... my main i love it... i love the Punctering Sweep they make ESO the most fun ever for me..
    But now i have to wait and see next month, what will be left of that fascinating time.
    My Templar..
    Wel zos told the people that the Templar skills where about to change.. So i checked and got really anxious..

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

After investing this amount of money and time in an hobby playing a game, to just get surprised that the identity of your main character got erased.

Anyhow i don't see anybody saying positive things about the Jabs.. So if this playstyle is gone that satisfying playstyle with fun and connection..
    -I would Leave the game.

They nerfed power of light into the ground too. They really hit Templars hard.
  • rmajereub17_ESO
    rmajereub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On the bright side jesus beam is getting a boost if you can find it in you to run magplar and can live long enough to make it to the execute stage.
    Edited by rmajereub17_ESO on August 15, 2022 12:42AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Captain_Devildog
    Captain_Devildog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Yes i understand the thread has to be moved to another category that nobody follows..
    Truth hurts aint it?
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

Yes i understand the thread has to be moved to another category that nobody follows..
    Truth hurts aint it?

I wouldn't mind as much if they would include a link to a moved post.
    Edited by MidniteOwl1913 on August 15, 2022 10:14AM
    PS5/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Truth hurts aint it?

I wouldn't mind as much if they would include a link to a moved post.

the original one in the other forum is there and linked to this one, it changes to a title of "moved: <thread title"

however since it is a link here it quickly gets pushed off the front page

as to the OP, one of my main dps toons is a stamplar and im still waiting and seeing how the changes are going to affect my dmg output on that toon, along with them changing the maelstrom 2h
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play templars since years, and love the class.
    From my personal experience on PTS I can say that there's not any great change concerning the low level or such content (I mean, till WB's and basic dungeons solo). There is neither any improvement, though, and everything is a bit less exciting, due to the reduced damage per hit.
    I deem that the situation is worse for high level content and PVP (that I never tried on PTS). Also, newly made toons, especially without CP's, will likely face a slower, more boring (but not more engaging) progression, at least from XP 40 till CP 300. I've not tried it, though, so cannot be sure.