The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

crashing during gameplay

jonpaul
jonpaul
✭✭✭
My wife is having issues with crashing to desktop on her mac during gameplay. It has crashed twice in the span of about 2 hours, not too terrible, but two times more than me. Now it has crashed and gives her the message "unable to download manifest, please try again later. Error 210". What should we do about this?
WAR EAGLE
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments. -Jim Morrison
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some idea of the Mac model will help offer advice:

Apple icon (top left of menu bar) > About This Mac > More info…

Depending on the Mac and graphics settings in game it will help most to turn down the Texture Quality to Medium (or Low is already at Medium) under Settings > Graphics > Video

There is a Support kb article on this error:

WHEN ATTEMPTING TO PATCH THE BETA CLIENT, I RECEIVE A PATCH MANIFEST ERROR (ERROR 209/210). WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I am not convinced that this advice is correct in all instances of this. it seems it can throw the Manifest error even when you have already updated and played at latest version as your wife has. Reinstall seems overkill and not so helpful. Trying a Repair is worth it. Or just waiting a bit as I think it can also occur when the Launcher can not check the data against your install.

Try the Repair and relaunch over a few minute intervals. If it persists then I suggest to contact Support with a ticket.
  • jonpaul
    jonpaul
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out that it booted us completely off the network and we had to restart both computers and reset modem and routers. Now it is working for the time being :)
    WAR EAGLE
    I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments. -Jim Morrison
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jonpaul wrote: »
    Turns out that it booted us completely off the network and we had to restart both computers and reset modem and routers. Now it is working for the time being :)
    Thank the Boot gods :) Glad it's resolved. It does seem to be an issue with that error and connection issue.