Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Fun build, but needs help

Grimtooth
Grimtooth
✭✭✭
I have a build that is fun to play in both PVE & PVP, but needs some fine tuning to be good in either one. Race: Imperial, Attributes: H-14, S-50, Mundus: The Serpent, Gear: Swamp Raider's weapon's & jewelry. Maul: Precise=absorb stam. Bow: Sharpened=absorb stam. Jewelry: all infused with weapon damage. Defiler's armor trait divine all max stam. Monster set: Velidreth's Hy-head, md-shoulder, divine max stam.
Champion Pts: Warfare=Endless Endurance, Untamed Aggression, Fighting Finesse, Wrathful Stikes. Fitness=Boundless Vitality, Survival Instincts, Sustained by suffering, Pain's Refuge.
Food; I have been using both Sugar skulls and Lava foot in both pve & pvp and haven't noticed a difference.
Skills; Front bar=Carve/ Summoner's Armor/ Rally/ Stampede/ Executioner/ Ravenous Goliath. Back bar=Spirit Guardian/ Mortal coil/ Resolving Vigor/ Blighted Blastbones/ Acid spray/ Pestilent Colossus (PVP), Pack Leader (PVE).
I'm sure I forgot to add something, but anyway it is fun to play. It can only get through a couple of normal delves. World stuff not too much of a problem except for some of the newer areas. In pvp does ok, can break up a defensive small group. Useless against an offensive, well anyone really lol. If anyone can help tune this up to be better in either pve or pvp, I would really appreciate the help. Oh, and please don't say I need trial gear or gear from the really hard dungeons or veteran anything, because I can't get that stuff. Been playing since Beta and still haven't been able to do a trial. All the guilds I've been in keep kicking me out because I don't have the gear or won't give them all my gold & stuff. Also can't come up with a build that will let me do Vet-stuff.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would probably look at changing swamp raider to something else unless you had a specific reason you were using that set

velidreth is probably better for pve, selene might be better for pvp if your running a mostly melee build

defiler ive found to be kind of lackluster, i think scavenging demise is a little bit stronger version that still has a hunger pop out (it does more dmg than defiler, and is harder to avoid in pvp)

if you want more poison theme options, sheer venom is also pretty decent as well, it applies with poison injection or whirling blades

also it sounds like you just need to find better guilds lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you watch a tutorial video beforehand (or not) then normal trials are pretty easy to pug as things die so fast most mechanics are nonexistent. On PC-NA the place to go is Craglorn, not sure about anywhere else. Perfected vs non perfected doesn’t matter much.
    For PvE group content you don’t need much survivability yourself due to the healers, maybe just a self heal. So dps put all attributes into one offensive stat to get the most spell or weapon damage. Frontbar is usually precise, fire enchant or for daggers main hand is nirnhoned, offhand precise, one fire enchant, one poison enchant. Backbar is infused with weapon/spell damage and an aoe from the weapon line to proc the enchant on cooldown even on frontbar. Usually the backbar set is from maelstrom arena but any 5pc that happens over time with a cooldown can work.
    Additionally, The Thief (critical chance) is the go-to for mundus. Backstabber is also better than FF in most content as well as you gain the luxury of being behind your target (yay tanks). I’m sure I could find more but I don’t want to write an entire essay ahha. Good luck in your build-making adventure! Can always use the armory to make a pvp and pve build separately, just don’t accidentally overwrite one.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master yeah have been in over 30 of them (Guilds) and been treated like a dog turd by them all. I've never even heard of Scavenging Demise. Will have to look that up and see if I can somehow get it. Thanks.
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭
    @Soarora thanks for your input, but most of what you said is out of my reach. I've tried soloing all that stuff and failed at all of it. Just can't come up with a build that can survive an onslaught wave of npc's and a boss with a million or much more health. I have watched several, if not all of Alcast and other's video's. Soloing dungeons and arenas and they don't seem to get overwhelmed like I always do. This game just keeps getting harder to play and less fun.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimtooth wrote: »
    @Necrotech_Master yeah have been in over 30 of them (Guilds) and been treated like a dog turd by them all. I've never even heard of Scavenging Demise. Will have to look that up and see if I can somehow get it. Thanks.

scavenging demise comes from depths of malatar dungeon
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimtooth wrote: »
    @Soarora thanks for your input, but most of what you said is out of my reach. I've tried soloing all that stuff and failed at all of it. Just can't come up with a build that can survive an onslaught wave of npc's and a boss with a million or much more health. I have watched several, if not all of Alcast and other's video's. Soloing dungeons and arenas and they don't seem to get overwhelmed like I always do. This game just keeps getting harder to play and less fun.

You don’t need to do Maelstrom Arena it’s just the usual choice for a backbar set. There’s overland sets that happen over time with a cooldown too, or you can use the same set on front and backbar weapons and circumvent that problem altogether. Definitely don’t try soloing dungeons or trials. There’s probably good overland and craftable sets out there but I do not know stamcro so hopefully someone who does can share some ideas.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Grimtooth you shouldn't compare your playstyle with Alcast, playing this game is his job. Most vet players can't play like Alcast.

I'll second a lot of what @Necrotech_Master said. Your sets are meh. I like Scavenging Demise in PVE (and Aegis Caller), but the crit damage isn't going to do much for you in PVP. I'd go Plaguebreak and Deadly Strike, especially with all of your DOTs.

Thing is, you are going to lose damage in PVE because weapon/spell damage is preferred in PVP as everyone is defending against crit damage. There is no crit damage from enemies in PVE, and crit damage is a major source of DPS in PVE. If you are doing a jack-of-all-trades build, you will need to focus your CP on straight damage and away from crit damage.

The 2H sword from Maelstrom is worth getting, even the normal version for both PVP and PVE.

EDIT: One more set that is overlooked is Spell Strategist. Great single target damage set
    Edited by El_Borracho on August 12, 2022 7:21PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @El_Borracho scavenging demise is also good for pvp, works great on a bow build, you just need crit dmg to trigger it, but you dont have to do a full on crit focus build, but this one proc can do 6-10k dmg in pvp (depending on targets resists and if they were blocking and if your proc got a crit)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    I'd move blastbones to front bar and armor buff to back.
    You can give detonating siphon a try replacing carve. It'll be buff by swamp raider.
    Weapon dmg glyph or crown poisons on 2h
    My Cro build is mainly for pvp, but does fine in vet dungeons: Veli+plagubreak+Daedric trickory+maelstrom2h.. mainly dots and building ult.

Im not sure how your playstyle is (resource management) or know what your stats are to recommend going for/sacrificing certain stats. Im sure your build could get through all normal dungeons (at least non-dlc). Expect pvp builds to be affected between patches. You may have to keep adjusting until something works.. then readjust in a later patch. Dont stress yourself
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @El_Borracho scavenging demise is also good for pvp, works great on a bow build, you just need crit dmg to trigger it, but you dont have to do a full on crit focus build, but this one proc can do 6-10k dmg in pvp (depending on targets resists and if they were blocking and if your proc got a crit)

Totally agree, was talking more in general when deciding between a crit set versus a weapon power set in PVP. I love that set, can't believe more people don't us it.
  • Grimtooth
    Grimtooth
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the input from everyone, it's very helpful. One last comment from me about sustain is that regardless of the build I never have a problem in pvp. Either they die or I do first. In pve, I rarely if ever run out of magic. But, do get one shotted all the time. Even with all shields and buffs on. With stamina, I do better but run out of stamina just before they (The Boss) kills me just before I kill them with maybe just one more hit to go. This is a morale killer. I have found that too many of the bosses CC is too much to bear with. They all seem to be able to drain your stam & freeze you in place at the same time & I die from it. Because they hit you with 20k damage more than your health. Lately I've been getting killed a lot in pvp from people hitting me with just a heavy attack one-shot for 10-15k more damage than my hp. Hat's off to them for coming up with that build, but it's a morale killer also and makes you not want to play anymore.