The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

we're Sorry. The Elder Scrolls Online has quit unexpectedly

Sagemblack
i get this a few seconds after opening the client, it can be on the main screen or after log in! please help! i have tried uninstalling the game, and trying to run in both full screen and windowed
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    Try running the game as Administrator.

You can do this by right-clicking the launcher and selecting "Run as Administrator"
    Staff Post
  • Sagemblack
    Thank you for replying but made no difference
  • Sagemblack
    i have tried uninstalling and cleaning the registry, i have updated my graphics card, i have a GTX770. Nothing seems to work ;(.
  • Sagemblack
    This is the crash Report

====================================================================
    eso has stopped working.
    ====================================================================

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.1.0.0.956792
    branch = live
    char.account = Sagemblack
    char.alliance = 0
    char.name = LocalPlayer
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = login
    client.renderertype = D3D11
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-03-30T16:18:49.288Z
    client.time_since_load = 0
    client.timestamp = 2014-03-30T16:20:41.338Z -frme 10567-
    client.uptime = 112.2
    computer.name = ASH-PC
    computer.user = Ash
    cpu.arch = 0
    cpu.count = 4
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 586
    data.depotid = 4001
    data.dir = D:/The Elder Scrolls Online/The Elder Scrolls Online EU/depot/
    data.syncm = databuild
    data.version = 0.win.0.live.956792
    exe.buildnum = 956792
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    gfx.description = 9.18.13.3523
    gfx.deviceid = 4484.673518690.161
    gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
    gfx.vendorid = 4318
    globby.address = 198.20.200.191
    globby.port = 24507
    loc.world = Pregame
    loc.worldid = 138
    loc.zone = Pregame
    login.address = 198.20.200.191
    mem.current = 589
    mem.peak = 589
    mem.physical = 8146
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
    ptime = 1
    realm.depotid = 0
    realm.id = 4001
    realm.name = EU Megaserver
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 1
    version.patch = 0
    version.subpatch = 0
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    Ensure that you are running the latest version of DirectX.

You can make sure you have the latest version by following the steps on Microsoft's Support Site (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113)

If that doesn't fix it, lets try editing the UserSettings.txt. The default location for that would be My Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online/Live

Open UserSettings.txt in Notepad and then locate the string SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D11" and change "D3D11" to "OpenGL"

You can hit Ctrl + F and paste in SET GraphicsDriver.7 to find the string easier.

After you've made that change Save and close Notepad and try launching the game again.
    Staff Post
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this stage I would prolly do a clean install of your GFX drivers (Google how to do it if you dont know). Check your sound drivers, MB drivers, Windows update and also disable and firewall and AV just to check. I presume you have done a verify from the launcher?

Oh and make sure you are not forcing anything from the Nvidia control panel and if you are then restore to default. Make sure you arent running any background apps like Skype and steam. Do a Clean boot with MSConfig (Google if you dont know).
  • Sagemblack
    Th Folders Within The Elder scrolls online are 'Launcher' 'The Elder Scrolls Online EU' 'uninstall'

The game has been installed on my internal hard drive which is partitioned to C and D, D is where i install games
  • Sagemblack
    and i have run the directx on the website and told me everything was up to date
  • Sagemblack
    i have now done a clean install of my graphics drivers, turned off my firewall and internet security and then launched, (as Admin) and this still crashes
  • Sagemblack
    I cant thank you enough, that msconfig clean boot has let me open the game!! so what does this mean ? will it work from now on or ?? what has changed ?
  • Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sagemblack wrote: »
    I cant thank you enough, that msconfig clean boot has let me open the game!! so what does this mean ? will it work from now on or ?? what has changed ?

Do you use any Razer products? I heard someone say in another thread that the Razer software was what was causing the game to crash. They turned all the Razer programs off and it fixed the problem.

If you clean booted by turning everything off in msconfig, this would turn off Razer programs if you have any installed.

• Sagemblack
    i do !! i have both a razer keyboard and mouse -_- dam razer!!!
  • steprofano
    steprofano
    Soul Shriven
    I performed the clean boot and the crashes didn't stoped :( ..and i i have nothing razer :(
    Don't know what else to do.
  • twenty5six
    twenty5six
    Soul Shriven
    I have been getting this constantly for the last 3 days or so. The game just suddenly stops and I get a crash report to fill out with an explanation that the game has stopped unexpectedly and information is needed to try and fix this issue.

I've had 3 sudden game crashes today in the last hour. It's becoming more than frustrating now. The funny thing is though, I was getting constant 301 errors @ launch and now I just get unexpected errors.
  • steprofano
    steprofano
    Soul Shriven
    Absolutely frustrating! Waited 1 year for the game, bought on pre-sale and can't even create the character. Since April 1st trying to solve this problem, trying everything in all topics, but still nothing works. Come on Admins, give us a light, this is not a F2P!
  • steprofano
    steprofano
    Soul Shriven
    Well, in my case, the only solution was to buy another Graphic Card.
    I've tryied all the tips of this forum, but no success.
    Yesterday i've tryed to run the game with an GTX-650, and it worked with 0 bugs or crashes. You can try all this things that didn't work for me.

Didn't work list:

-Run as admin (through the launcher or not)
    -Troubleshooting compatibility
    - Edit UserSettings.exe (D3D9 to OpenGL)
    - Reinstall the game (Downloading by Europe or USA)
    - Repair the launcher
    - Turn off the auto-updates in the launcher
    - Erase stuff in HarDisk to gain way more then 20% of free space
    - Msconfig clean boot
    - Update Graphic drivers
    - Role back to old graphic drivers
    - Uninstall Graphic control center (My case CATALYST CONTROL CENTER)
    - Plug cable to see if was a WI-FI issue
    - Set graphics to lower and ultra
    - Set game to windowned mode
    - Format Windows