The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Renowned Provisioner achievement broken?

TybaltKaine
TybaltKaine
✭✭✭✭✭
Just as the tin says, is the Renowned Provisioner achievement broken? I know that crafting purple foods or drinks should unlock this, and I have done so several times. I sent an error report and was basically told "Lol, try again" which wasn't very helpful. Is anyone else having issues getting this achievement to pop, and if so when did it start? I only started playing seriously on PC last November, and I haven't gotten it since, despite having a crafter who is only missing a few dozen of the recipes (under 100) in the game and the nirnhoned traits.

Is this ever going to be fixed or are late starters like me just out of luck?

UPDATE 18/8/2022: Went to craft my daily Longfin Pasty for my dungeon runner and the achievement popped. I guess it's just a random thing, so if you are having similar issues, keep the faith. I guess the "Try again" advice actually worked, eventually.
Edited by TybaltKaine on August 18, 2022 2:19PM
  • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
  • PC/NA
  • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
  • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
  • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
  • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
  • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
  • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I saw it pop on my PTS EU character I made when I set that up the other day (and was making some Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl)

All my character on Live have it so I can't check.

Only suggestions I'd have is trying both base game purple foods, as well as the "special" purple foods to see if that works.

And support is always less than helpful. I know of somebody who is locked out of Dro-m'Athra Destroyer achievement because it bugged out on them and they always say "there's nothing we can do"... "try again", but no amount of "trying again" fixes it.

@ZOS_Kevin said at one point they were working on a tool to adjust achievements for situations like this, but I've heard nothing about that for months.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Spiral__Architect
    Witchmother's Party Punch should complete this. Should not be difficult to come by that recipe if you do not have it already.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Witchmother's Party Punch did not cause the achievement to pop, this time, or any other since I've had it in November.

Here's a quick video of my crafter making every purple quality food and drink item I know and still not getting the achievement.

https://youtu.be/ft2pkM4mT2Y
    • PC/NA
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible that you got the achievement on another character and are unable to get it again due to AWA?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it would show me who obtained it if that were the case. Each achievement now has a line that says "Obtained by [character name]".
    • PC/NA
  • Spiral__Architect
    "Renowned" does not have to be Epic quality. Just offering something to maybe work around this. Have you tried green or blue renowned recipes? These would be event, Orzorga's, or the clockwork recipes.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've made everything I know under the "Delicacies" tab. If it is a holiday, quest or somehow other special recipe, I've made it. Just today I made Psijic Ambrosia for a writ and still nothing.

I'm just gonna accept that it's broken and will probably stay that way for a couple of years until they get around to fixing it.
    • PC/NA