The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

text wont show up in game

raspberryfunion
My text wont show up in game and im stuck in the first mission in the dungeon and the ghosts names is saying offline please help!
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing for me? And after you take the picture try pressing Enter and typing /reloadui
    Staff Post
  • raspberryfunion
    how do i send the screenshot?
  • raspberryfunion
    Also i had to change the D3D11 to OpenGL, i dont know if that could be any help
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    You may need to use an image hosting site such as Imgur but /reloadui didn't make a difference?
    Staff Post
  • raspberryfunion
    no it did not and i can set one up real fast
  • raspberryfunion
    9edr.png
  • daveed316
    daveed316
    I figured out the solution. You have to put your mouse just above the good by and there should be a highlight that comes up that is above goodbye. When you highlight goodbye it has 2 bars one above and below it. There will be one similar to that. Click on it and it will progress you to the next area. I'll upload a picture.
  • daveed316
    daveed316
    [img][/img]Screenshot_20140330_122742_zps9e5fb8ea.png

Edited by daveed316 on March 30, 2014 5:32PM
  • Grifynne
    Grifynne
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue, only just outside of the starter area. I don't seem to have that invisible highlight option mentioned by Daveed316. Everything I interact with says "offline" and my quest tracker has generic "Tracker Goal Text" for each objective.

Can't really progress this way (plus would be nice to read the quests, since this is an RPG and all). Anyone find a fix for this that works outside of the starter area (preferably something that doesn't involve bypassing dialogue)?

EDIT: I guess I should mention that I tried reloading the UI as mentioned above but that didn't do anything. I also quit and restarted a couple times which had no effect.
    Edited by Grifynne on March 30, 2014 7:02PM
  • raspberryfunion
    It would be great if we could get help, i had to change d3d11 to opengl to even get into the game there has to be a fix so we can read everything
  • Grifynne
    Grifynne
    Soul Shriven
    I guess I should also mention that I didn't have this problem initially. I got through the starter area and got the first quest in the outside area right after. Load times were really long so I turned down my graphics/effects and that's when this started.

I just tried turning them all back to where they were (on max settings) and that has not corrected the issue. Don't know if it was something with the change that caused the problem or if it was just coincidental, but thought it might help to mention it. At least the load time is normal now, but this text problem is bringing my game play to a standstill. :'(
  • MrsLlante
    MrsLlante
    I have this issue also. Very strange! I have added a ticket to support so hopefully we can share the fix!!!!