Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 1032 OSError_Locked

Draxus
Draxus
Okay I was trying to repair my ESO launcher because, I haven't been able to launch my game at all, when I received this error message (Error 1032 OSError_Locked) as my launcher was trying to patch up. Anyone know what this error means and how to fix it.

Thanks.
  • Oxania
    Oxania
    I'm having the same issue. I downloaded the game last night but was unable to log on, I assumed the servers were down. But the servers are up now and I'm receiving Error 1032.
  • Willowleaf
    I've played the game just fine up until now. After my client downloaded the patch it has been giving me this message. I've tried to repair but no success. So now I cannot play the game at all, I could only play one of my two alts before because my other alt is stuck at the first quest because of a bug. And when I quit the client and restart it it repairs the client.
    Edited by Willowleaf on April 2, 2014 7:31PM
    Server - North America
  • bfstu
    bfstu
    Soul Shriven
    getting the same error also getting error 203 unable to unzip files.then a repair option on launcher then the same message over again with error 1032
    Edited by bfstu on April 2, 2014 7:45PM
  • celestialking
    same thing to me, idk what to do to fix wish i knew..
  • celestialking
    so i just went to my task manager alt-ctrl-delete and found all the eso things on there end task and now its done loading and able to play.
  • Redegaus
    Redegaus
    Same problem here. Have checked and the only running application is the ESO client.
  • avalonarcana
    having the same problem...at first I got the error 210 message when updating the patch so I tried to repair over and over, then I tried turning off AV and running as administrator but nothing worked. My next step was to follow ESO's instructions for uninstalling then reinstalling the game client. Spent the last 7 hours downloading to only get Error 1032 after the patch installed. Rebooted my computer and now I'm looking at another 7 hours of downloading the client AGAIN because the last 7 hours of downloading didn't actually download. AHHHHHHH
    Edited by avalonarcana on April 3, 2014 4:41AM
  • customboar
    The worst thing about this error message is that it blames you for the problem by saying "another process is accessing the files like the turn off the game ***" but I am reasonably confident i turned of the game.

This error seemed to come with the first patch not a good record for a first patch when general access starts if new people get this bug right off the back they could have a huge population of very frustrated new customers quitting. Think of all the lost money (think of it).
  • Mazdek
    Mazdek
    ✭✭
    I just got this error and found this thread. I looked through my running processes and saw that ZoCrashReporter (I think that was how it was named, something really close at least) was running. Killed that, restarted the launcher, it patched OK. Now just gotta wait for the server to come back up.
  • Sinsali
    Sinsali
    Soul Shriven
    Confirming Mazdek's solution. Close Launcher, kill "ZoCrashReporter", restart Launcher. Have fun! :)
  • mr_kitty
    mr_kitty
    Mazdek wrote: »
    I just got this error and found this thread. I looked through my running processes and saw that ZoCrashReporter (I think that was how it was named, something really close at least) was running. Killed that, restarted the launcher, it patched OK. Now just gotta wait for the server to come back up.

This is the solution.
  • mornadakub17_ESO
    Don't forget to look for "Awesomium.exe" and "ESO.exe".
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe how bad ZOS programmers are.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Draxus‌ ,

Could you please try the following:
    • Please close the launcher
    • Open task manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc together
    • Go to processes
    • Right click on ZoCrashReporter and end that process
    • Restart the launcher, the game should update/patch now .
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, had that erro too.
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • philippe.gaudreaultb16_ESO
    Sinsali wrote: »
    Confirming Mazdek's solution. Close Launcher, kill "ZoCrashReporter", restart Launcher. Have fun! :)

works good !

thank god
  • madmax911
    madmax911
    I have no zocrashreporter or awesomium or eso or anything related to eso open and im still getting the error even when both patching and repairing :(
  • madmax911
    madmax911
    Now i also tried moving the launcher map from the TESO folder. and reinstalled the he game launcher and i still get the same error
  • saybrook1
    saybrook1
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue; there is no zocrashreporter running. I get this message after repairing, click play and then get error 11 client fatal error; game won't launch at all :(
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    ah. Didn't see this. I have the same issue. ZOS please help. I'm very close to cancelling my long time sub. I'm sick of going through this on every patch day.
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    repairing does not work.
  • Tempiis
    Tempiis
    Having the same problem as everyone else and i checked all processes and nothing is running but YOUR LAUNCHER!!! this is the 2nd week in a row. Please there is no reason that this problem should still be happening other than complete ineptness on your end ZOS.
  • Tempiis
    Tempiis
    can everyone who is having this problem please check in the lower left hand corner of the launcher and see if there is still information needed to be downloaded even though the launcher says PLAY. That's what my launcher shows and the number of mbs fluctuates when i close and re-open the launcher can others verify if this is happening with your launchers as well ?
  • Adelade
    Adelade
    ✭✭
    Unable to patch after the recent update. I keep getting the 1032 - OSError_Locked message.

No additional ESO items are running and crash reporter never shows up on Task Manager
  • Djangoh
    Djangoh
    Soul Shriven
    I am receiving "Error 1032 - OSError_Locked" message repeatedly. "one or more files are in use by another process, please close programs that may be using the files (such as the game)". I then run "repair" on the launcher and I get the message time after time. Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: Restarting my PC fixed the problem (doh)
    Edited by Djangoh on December 14, 2016 2:52AM