Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Previous free ESO+ exclusive rewards. Make them available again for those who missed out on them.

FayJolyn
FayJolyn
✭✭✭✭
Hi there, I was wondering if ZOS would consider making previous ESO+ exclusive rewards like the statuettes, paintings and even the Priesteres of Mara costume available again for those that missed out on them. There are quite a few of those items that I would love to own, but I either didn't play back then or recently missed one because my pc broke and I had to wait a month for replacement hardware. I was browsing UESP and I saw all these statuettes that would look so nice in my khajiit home that I'm currently building. And that priesteres of Mara costume looks really nice as well, I would love to be able to get my hands on them!

I wouldn't mind paying for them, but a eso+ discounted price would be nice of course.

Anyway, please Zos? o:)
Edited by FayJolyn on August 9, 2022 3:47PM
Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! I want the Ice Wraith pet!
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure I missed a few because I forgot to grab them.

Others are exiled on the PS4....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

That was for subscribing in 2014. That's not coming back.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm quite aware of what that's from. But I'm also quite aware of what the topic of this thread is as well.

I started playing the game in 2015 so I've always been bummed that I missed it.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm quite aware of what that's from. But I'm also quite aware of what the topic of this thread is as well.

I just missed the free Alinor house, starting just after Summerset dropped. Though I think I bought it recently. (I bought one recently, I am just not positive it was the giveaway one.)

They would have other Ice Wraith pets if they could skin them, though that may be hard with that specific pet.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well the topic is ESO+ rewards that are no longer available. The Ice Wraith wasn't ESO+

ESO+ rewards have been mostly tiny statuettes and paintings right? They're kinda meh IMO.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭

Well the topic is ESO+ rewards that are no longer available. The Ice Wraith wasn't ESO+

ESO+ rewards have been mostly tiny statuettes and paintings right? They're kinda meh IMO.

I would consider the ESO Loyalty program to be in the spirit of their ask but I have no desire to argue needlessly with you over something so pedantic, was just simply putting out my wishes. You do you.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I missed one statuette two years ago, when I was on ESO+. I guess I just forgot to click on the thing to get it, and I realised that after the month changed. I asked the support for it right away, but all I got was "it'll return someday". Empty promises.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem odd that they make all these things which are available once and then never again.

I know some people are worried about "exclusivity" but I doubt that really applies to the statuettes. No one is going to visit your house and go "Wow, you must have paid for ESO+ in March 2018 to get that!" Especially since it's impossible to display the full collection anyway, so most players will pick the ones they like best or which match the theme of the house. It would be nice if everyone had the opportunity to get the ones they like.

One simple solution could be to start offering 2 statuettes (or paintings or other items) per month - one new and one returning.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    One simple solution could be to start offering 2 statuettes (or paintings or other items) per month - one new and one returning.

That sounds like an idea that I could get behind.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be nice if they brought it back. Would be nice if they brought back the Mask of Cheerful Slaughter, too.

And on the non-ESO Plus side, maybe the Bucket and Broom and even limited time return for the exclusive Pony Guar and Kwama Scrib pets.

Doubt that's every going to happen, though.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It does seem odd that they make all these things which are available once and then never again.

[...]

Regarding those one and done items, there's still the problem of disc space. The game's bloated already, size-wise, and on top of that everyone has to have those assets downloaded on their discs without being able to ever use them. I'd say it's a bad practice, tons of assets just sitting unused on everybody's H/SDDs, be it those rewards from 8 years ago, statuettes, or FOMO items and Crown Crates from the store.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never say never. Indriks came back somehow. Besides, as far as I can tell the reward was Senche-Tiger mount. Idk about you, but Tigers are pretty iconic big cats, so I can imagine that a mount like that will return some day, maybe with a slightly different shade of yellow & different saddle & harness model. ZOS kinda boxed themselves with it tbh and probably will add very similar mount because um... you know... $
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 12, 2022 9:22AM
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Never say never. Indriks came back somehow. Besides, as far as I can tell the reward was Senche-Tiger mount. Idk about you, but Tigers are pretty iconic big cats, so I can imagine that a mount like that will return some day, maybe with a slightly different shade of yellow & different saddle & harness model. ZOS kinda boxed themselves with it tbh and probably will add very similar mount because um... you know... $

There was Ice Wraith pet for 3 months, Dwarven Sphere for 6 months, Mask of Cheerful Slaughter for 9, and Striped Senche Tiger for 12 months. Could have the pets and costume months wrong.

I'm a fan of things returning but not those four. They're like the beta monkey or preorder scuttler. They remain exclusive.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

There was Ice Wraith pet for 3 months, Dwarven Sphere for 6 months, Mask of Cheerful Slaughter for 9, and Striped Senche Tiger for 12 months. Could have the pets and costume months wrong.

I'm a fan of things returning but not those four. They're like the beta monkey or preorder scuttler. They remain exclusive.

They won't, unless reskinned, since they push the FOMO idea. Many games use that to make things truly exclusive, even if you weren't around in the past.
    PC
    PS4/PS5