Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

New Nord sent to wrong starting area?

enochsjaub17_ESO
enochsjaub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I created a Nord and went through the tutorial. I ended up on a ship that took me to Khenarith(sp). Should I not have been given the option to go to Bleakrock Isle? I created a second character, skipped the tutorial, arrived in Davon, and was able to go directly back to Bleakrock Isle. Is my first character bugged?
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. You can arrive in different areas after the tutorial from my knowledge. Unless the monsters are like 5 level above you I think your just in a different spot.
    The King is Here!
    Options
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you choose your starting faction as AD? You start in the area where your Alliance is instead of where your race is officially from.

to tell, open the alliance war ( L ) and see what citizen you are near the top.
    Edited by LoreRunner on March 30, 2014 3:39PM
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
    Options
  • Reiterpallasch
    Reiterpallasch
    ✭✭✭
    Did you select Ebonheart Pact as your faction for the first character?
    Options
  • Lashi
    Lashi
    ✭✭
    I created a Nord and went through the tutorial. I ended up on a ship that took me to Khenarith(sp). Should I not have been given the option to go to Bleakrock Isle? I created a second character, skipped the tutorial, arrived in Davon, and was able to go directly back to Bleakrock Isle. Is my first character bugged?

You probably accidentally made your first Nord in the Aldmeri Dominion. It's pretty easy to overlook that.

Options
  • enochsjaub17_ESO
    enochsjaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! It was the faction thing. It would be nice to separate the choices into individual screens or have some kind of select one of each category tool-tip.
    Options
  • Zyphix
    Zyphix
    This is only a problem for those of us who can create any race in any faction. People who didn't preorder won't have this issue.

The 3 factions at the top have the relevant races in a column below them. Just select whichever faction is above the race you chose and everything will be created correctly (lore-wise).
    I always carry dice, because that's how I roll.
    Options