Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

how many locks to pick?

Memory_In_Motion
Memory_In_Motion
✭✭✭✭
If you wanted to max out thieves guild by picking locks only, how many would it require?
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on August 6, 2022 2:54AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wanted to max out thieves guild by picking locks only, how many would it require?

I don't think lockpicking affects your thieves guild skill at all. Lockpicking is legerdemain.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You only increase TG skills by doing the TG quests. The main quests, side quests, and heists. I think you can also get points for stealing the hidden objects in each region and turning those in.

If you mean legerdemain, though, it would take a lot of lockpicking. But you can also just take stealable stuff that's laying around and fence it, you get legerdemain points each time you fence something.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think lockpicking affects your thieves guild skill at all. Lockpicking is legerdemain.
    Agree, TG main quest includes the side quests, heists and the tip board level TG.

Easiest way to level legerdemain is the apple farm in Craglorn, If you want gold Orcinium is nice, the palace is an separate instance who reset the chests.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Agree, TG main quest includes the side quests, heists and the tip board level TG.

Easiest way to level legerdemain is the apple farm in Craglorn, If you want gold Orcinium is nice, the palace is an separate instance who reset the chests.

My favorite place is the Northwest area of Grahtwood, if you side with the Orcs and recapture their mine from trolls, the bandits become neutral. There's a crazy number of locked chest spawns in a very small area.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings!

We have moved this thread to a more appropriate category.

Regards,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clearly i misspoke. Thanks for pointing that out. So any idea then on how many chest for maxing legedermain my picking chests?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unlocking chests gives differing amounts of Legardemain leveling points based upon how difficult the lock is. To give you an idea though, it would take picking open 2090 intermediate chests to take the skill from zero to max.

I think you'll find the info in this link very helpful: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Legerdemain#Advancement

:)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fastest way to level TG is to do the Collector quests. Just keep exiting and re activating the quest giver until you see the dialog about the collector. These quest rewards actually provide the items you need.

For Legerdemain find a safe container farm, there are a few. Fence the 40 gold and better, and launder the provisioning ingredients. Both level Legerdemain.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I leveled legerdemain by farming chests in Bal Foren. It's a starter zone and the chests respawn fairly quickly. I was farming the chests for things to sell BTW not trying to level anything. It took a year to go from 1 to 10. Most of the chests are simple (more simple than anything else) and intermediate.

PS5/NA