The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Question between pen and crit for pvp

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
2700 pen vs 6% crit dmg. Which one is better?
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe pen is better? I think a lot of people in pvp run crit resist, so unless you have a lot of crit chance and damage it might not be as good as pen. I'm just guessing though, maybe someone will come school us both.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
    Options
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    I would say pen. No reason to stack crit damage unless you are ganking or are a class that is heavily oriented around crit.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
    Options
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaisyRay wrote: »
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe pen is better? I think a lot of people in pvp run crit resist, so unless you have a lot of crit chance and damage it might not be as good as pen. I'm just guessing though, maybe someone will come school us both.

Yup.

2700 pen removes 2700 armor, which provides ~4.1% mitigation.

Crit damage of 6% has to factor in the crit chance percentage. E.g. @ 50% crit chance, crit damage of 6% will provide ~3% damage increase. Of course, crits provide spike.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
    Options
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    Crit damage of 6% has to factor in the crit chance percentage. E.g. @ 50% crit chance, crit damage of 6% will provide ~3% damage increase.
    ...and the same healing increase

Options