The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shoud we recommend to ZOS extending crafting to home harvest alchemical and food ingredients?

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    xaraan wrote: »
    Not a fan of this, essentially the same as just having a hireling, but gated behind housing instead of a couple skill points. And tbh, I don't think they like the idea of hirelings/free mats and if they were starting the game now, I don't think we'd have the option for hirelings either, much like jewelry crafting.

The only two ways I see it going for adding it would either be its so weak its useless and just a glorified decoration that maybe gives you a couple things here and there, or OP and market effecting.

All I really want it for is "glorified decor" personally.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    Could I maybe plant Chaurus eggs? LOL
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for plants and planters but not harvestables.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    As others have pointed out this was something that ZOS considered. I know its been suggested in the past by players and I think that it would be a good way of offsetting the expectation that players constantly be farming these items to replenish them outside of surveys. I dont think it would actually harm anything to have a limited amount of slots in the home for this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • DaleyPia
    DaleyPia
    ✭✭
    No
    I feel like The Hirelings do a fine job, but why on Nirn is there no Alchemy Hireling? That's my counter-request; An Alchemy Hireling, Please. Make sure they bring mushrooms too.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    With ZOS, this would become some 5K+ crowns store-only item - so no thanks.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe
    I suspect as others have said this would end up being put behind a paywall as so many new and beautiful furnishings are already. 😥

I would love to grow stuff in my houses, anything, flowers, food items and even just pretty foliage of any type. For me though these items would have to be earnable in game!

Maybe via the Writ Voucher Merchant or by Tel Var similar to storage chests atm? 🤔
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    We need more slots in housing, not this.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Being able to use those plants for decor appeals, but no to harvesting. The same for fishing. Houses with water should let you place a fishing hole, but it should only return bait.