The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

We need Trial Activity Finder!

DonEiosah
DonEiosah
✭✭✭
Will anyone agree with me?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 7, 2022 3:15AM
  • DonEiosah
    DonEiosah
    ✭✭✭
    We need this because it will help our community!
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice. PUG groups are not always bad. I will probably never do trials without a PUG. Hence, I will probably never do trials unless they implement this. These fixes are so easy, yet the devs don't do them. They could set a lot of options.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't ever use it, because I'm done with raiding after WoW and RIFT. But I don't see any good reason not to provide it for those who would use it.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice. PUG groups are not always bad. I will probably never do trials without a PUG. Hence, I will probably never do trials unless they implement this. These fixes are so easy, yet the devs don't do them. They could set a lot of options.

Never say about code that's not yours that something there is easy to do.

You know, don't say that about your code either. Usually, it ends up an equivalent of "ha, easy!" in Dark Souls.

About group finder: different trials may require different number of T/H/DD and, I think, have different degree of flexibility on the matter. I'm not sure it would be easy to do in the current system, given all the problems with the group finder.

And in the end, what's the difference between disbanding half a group in Craglorn or leaving the queue after waiting 40 minutes for a tank for nHoF?

I wouldn't mind to try out a finder for trials, but so far the worst thing that happened to me after "invite pls" was a bit of embarrassment of realising I forgot to leave the group with a friend.
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raid Finder marked the beginning of the downturn for World of Warcraft, especially in terms of community. So, it's a little ironic that you would use improving the community as the excuse to initiate something like that in ESO.

Additionally, I think the suggestion is indicative of a lack of understanding about ESO's endgame in general. A group of strangers are not going to be able to do anything even moderately challenging in this game without communicating, and that is essentially what a trial finder would boil down to - people not interested in interacting with others that still want to do the content. The quality of the content generally suffers as a result. If you find yourself in that camp where the fear of missing out is not enough to get you to briefly step out of your comfort zone to take part in group content, why are you playing an MMO?
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we had a trial finder, I would at least try it. I've enjoyed normal trial PUGs before, after all.

It wouldn't necessarily make trials themselves easier or coordinated the way guild schedules do. But, I've also watched so many scheduled guild trials fall apart before they even started due to emergencies, illness, and lack of interest.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've suggested a separate chat for players wanting to run trials that can be seen in any zone. It would not be something where you can type messages though as that would become a spam channel for guilds and players wanting to sell lockpicks for 354 gold each.
    Instead it would have a menu the person starting the trial would select from. They pick the trial location and how many of each role they need. For vet they could also maybe post a minimum requirement such as level requirement. After they go through the menu the message gets posted in the global trial forum and those wanting to join either whisper the person creating the trial or depending on how it would be set up simply click on the role they want and they automatically join if a spot is still open.

Doing this would mean you wouldn't have to hang out in Craglorn hoping someone starts a trial you wish to join. And of course players wanting to use the trial chat would have to opt in to have it shown. That way people with no interest in trials would not have to see the chat.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I've suggested a separate chat for players wanting to run trials that can be seen in any zone. It would not be something where you can type messages though as that would become a spam channel for guilds and players wanting to sell lockpicks for 354 gold each.
    Instead it would have a menu the person starting the trial would select from. They pick the trial location and how many of each role they need. For vet they could also maybe post a minimum requirement such as level requirement. After they go through the menu the message gets posted in the global trial forum and those wanting to join either whisper the person creating the trial or depending on how it would be set up simply click on the role they want and they automatically join if a spot is still open.

Doing this would mean you wouldn't have to hang out in Craglorn hoping someone starts a trial you wish to join. And of course players wanting to use the trial chat would have to opt in to have it shown. That way people with no interest in trials would not have to see the chat.

I remember LOTRO had a minimum level requirement for the serverwide chat channel, it more or less worked.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg yes please. need to add trials and group arenas to the activity finder
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a finder similar to the current dungeon finder would be a terrible idea. Anyone who has been on the forum for more than a few weeks knows about the whole "fake" role thing, imagine that but with 11 other people queuing for roles they can't actually fill. When people recruit in zone chat, they have the ability to define the criteria they want and, thus, how likely it is to finish a trial.

What I think would ultimately be better is a global LFG tool (completely independent of any one zone) that automates that recruitment in the form of a database/list, which allows you to advertise what you want to do and people can join based on the criteria posted (FFXIV does this). After which, you all teleport into the trial.

Edited by Troodon80 on August 2, 2022 11:18PM
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Xuhora
    Xuhora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trialfinders are extremly anonymous and dont help the community at all. You go in, you try, and if you fail you bail out with a 15 min deserter-timer. you queue again, rince and repeat. without remembering anyones name, without meeting new friends and so on.
    in All my years since Beta and doing random dungeons i have made like 2 friends through the dungeon finder, and my friendlist is full.

it falls in the same pot as flying mounts: a system that helps the player to reach a goal faster but leaving the space inbetween goals barren.
    i have said it countless times before, but i will repeat: a raid finder in ESO, that is a copied Dungeon finder would be awefull, splitting a allready small community into two boarderline groups. I mean you see the posts regarding dungeon finder, fake roles, dungeons rushers etc. it would be the same mess for the trial finder.

i can stand behind an enlisting board (similar to premade groups in WoW, or FFXIV as @Troodon80 pointed out, allthough i dont have any experience with FF)
    the argument is, that there are trials that need different setups. With an enlisting tool, the raidleader (you know, the guy or gal that has to cooridnate a PUG, thats even more stressfull than a raidlead with a fully premade group) can decide how many of each role he wants, could even setup achievement requirements for his group and so on.

as a personal anecdote: i have lead many vSS pugs back in the day, and i cannot recall the times we stood at the endboss and wiped due to no one knowing how to deal with the portals. we where 3-4 guys from our guild, filling tank and healer roles, so we could not step in for portal mechanics.
    after 5-7 wipes, every consecutive wipe is at least 1 person leaving the group. you then have to refill, depending on how long it takes, you loose one more and so on.
    after some time you call it a day, because you are tired, and after many times experiencing this story it leaves a real sour taste in your mouth.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm, sure, I'll never use that feature though, it's miserable enough doing some regular DLC with folks who don't know their role or mechanics, much less a vet or HM, I'd rather eat broken glass than pug a trial.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuhora wrote: »
    similar to premade groups in WoW, or FFXIV as @Troodon80 pointed out, allthough i dont have any experience with FF
    It's basically this:
    hdq7l9yoeu3d.png

tuly19dt8w9o.png

The person recruiting can set what roles, if any role requirements, and then it fills up. So if anything it would just make it easier for people to request a group. No more LFM 1T 1H 2DD spam and then when you message the person they say the role has been filled.

Example: It could say something like "Requies achievement" and instead of asking someone to link it, to which one could ask a friend who has it to link it to you and then link it to the recruiter, the game will instead look at the account-wide achievements and determine whether you can join or not.

On the flip side, just like WoW and FFXIV, you have people clogging it up with selling carry runs. But that's nothing more or less than the spam that usually goes on in Craglorn.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea is very good indeed and like someone mention " it will help the community ".

It will also put an end to all the gatekeepeing going on in guilds and so on.

That said. It will only work if Zos will lock the the roles like it´s done in FF 14, but don´t get your hopes too high OP xD.

The tools they have in FF14 is really great and it is working because they have other mechs in place if you help other player´s.

As I said, I don´t beleive they will add one, because they have to lock roles, othervice it will not work. They also have to add cp restrictions for trials like, cp 300 for some and cp 600 for others, depending on how demanding the trials are - so people have a chance to clear them.

I understand why some people want a tool like that with all the functions. To be clear. After six year´s in ESO I beleive the changedes they have to make for it to be a succes is too many.

I do agree though. It will help the community a lot and acces to trifectas would be a changing point for many player´s in ESO as there will alway´s be some out there to help.

Not in ESO I´m sorry.

• Riptide
    Riptide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be perfectly fine for normals, but an ugly mess for vet.

So just have it for normals, in my view. Would be value add.

Allow a working blacklist for faketanks and healers, and gate some pretty dyes behind doing a couple hundred randoms as a proper heals, another as tank, and you’d programmatically have a fair bit of the most troublesome bits provided for.
    Esse quam videri.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    It teally doesn´t matter if it´s norm or vet as the cp´s will follow. The process in it self will give you the tools needed as you level and gain acces and knowledge of content ahead. It´s a natual progress without gatekeeping from other player´s.

Wipes will alway´s happen untill the knowledge is there. Zos have to make some changes if it have to be a succes, but im pretty confident, that they will not change anything.
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    DonEiosah wrote: »
    Will anyone agree with me?

Absolutely!
    ... with a "hm" and "trifecta" option!
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    A trialfinder tool will never be a tool for progression, without a hm and trifecta option. To that you will have to add loot option as well.

Also a good option to add is if you want to group with people, who have done the content. For those player´s, who have done the content, zos should add rewards people can´t say no to - a helping so to speak. And a option for people, who have never done the content before, for people, who want or need those special rewards.

Meaning if you have knowledge of the content and want those rewards. you should be able to group with people, who have never done the content and be trial lead

An mmo for the community, by the company. xD
    Edited by svendf on August 3, 2022 2:24PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way one can pug a trifecta trial. It requires not only understanding of mechanics and the ability to carry those mechanics out perfectly but also great group synergy, something that just won’t happen in a pug. The gatekeeping mentioned is because it’s necessary… trial HMs are very hard even with a group setup with dps requirements and specific gear. Veteran trials in general can be difficult, especially if you’re newer to trials. I only see a trial finder to be a breeding ground for toxicity. The progression lies in guilds. Normal trial guild, introduction to endgame, endgame, and then core groups. There, people can ask questions and learn in an environment where people won’t snap at them for not meeting assumptions and build that synergy necessary to clear through progression groups.

Edit: I do like the idea mentioned of a global chat though. I’ve seen pugging move to Summerset due to the Nonexistent-Zeal-of-Craglorn situation. Yet now Craglorn seems fixed… so the pugging is a bit split up right now.
    Edited by Soarora on August 3, 2022 3:32PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No trial finder, but party finder - this will be much more useful and flexible for many more purposes.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those against a trial finder including hm, trifecta and, what not plus all glammer. Rest asured, that Im confident in saying that it will never happen. Your gatekeeping is asured,.

For that, people have to go somewhere else. Never say never I know, they have to change a lot and it cost coins.

Regarding the poll. Nothing new there. People want acces and can´t blame them, A trial finder will make people less dependant of guilds and more dependent of the community as a whole and that´s good.
    Edited by svendf on August 3, 2022 11:23PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They should not set only one option if they ever do add this to the game. That option is to queue or not.

Players that want something more or specific from the players in the group need to form the group themselves. It is really that simple.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    svendf wrote: »
    For those against a trial finder including hm, trifecta and, what not plus all glammer. Rest asured, that Im confident in saying that it will never happen. Your gatekeeping is asured,.

For that people have to go somewhere else. Never say never I know, they have to change a lot and it cost coins.

I doubt anyone who has the trifectas from raids are concerned a random GF group would be obtaining those trifectas. Most would probably say "more power to them" as most of the top players tend to help other players.

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kahnak wrote: »
    Raid Finder marked the beginning of the downturn for World of Warcraft, especially in terms of community. So, it's a little ironic that you would use improving the community as the excuse to initiate something like that in ESO.

Additionally, I think the suggestion is indicative of a lack of understanding about ESO's endgame in general. A group of strangers are not going to be able to do anything even moderately challenging in this game without communicating, and that is essentially what a trial finder would boil down to - people not interested in interacting with others that still want to do the content. The quality of the content generally suffers as a result. If you find yourself in that camp where the fear of missing out is not enough to get you to briefly step out of your comfort zone to take part in group content, why are you playing an MMO?

I'm sure you believe what you wrote. But I suspect that a trial raid finder would be more popular and more successful than you think. I do join a group twice a week for pvp. But I also enjoy my solo time and often choose to join a daily pug dungeon rather than looking for players or guildies to run it with. I find it fun and I like to help newer players. If there was a trial raid finder, I wouldn't hesitate to join the que. I'd much rather do that than sit in Craglorn.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever done a pug AA without someone going afk when it is time to stand on platforms? If the finder can supply 12 players who actually accept que pop, why not. I'm just bit sceptical it can be done.
    Edited by rpa on August 4, 2022 4:09AM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    The person recruiting can set what roles, if any role requirements, and then it fills up
    so you talking about activity browser. I remember old threads where people were quite objective (pointing out the facts) about the disadvantages of such tool in ESO. Specificaly those times when you could mark yourself as TANK+HEALER+DD at the same time.

Personaly i don't see any wrong with such tool.
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

I'm sure you believe what you wrote. But I suspect that a trial raid finder would be more popular and more successful than you think. I do join a group twice a week for pvp. But I also enjoy my solo time and often choose to join a daily pug dungeon rather than looking for players or guildies to run it with. I find it fun and I like to help newer players. If there was a trial raid finder, I wouldn't hesitate to join the que. I'd much rather do that than sit in Craglorn.

I'm sure you believe what you wrote, but an anecdote doesn't refute what I wrote. Regarding WoW, that is the general consensus from veteran players - it's not speculation on my part. I didn't say that a trial finder wouldn't be popular or that it would be unsuccessful. I said that it is bad for the community and will affect future content in a negative way.
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

I'm sure you believe what you wrote, but an anecdote doesn't refute what I wrote. Regarding WoW, that is the general consensus from veteran players - it's not speculation on my part. I didn't say that a trial finder wouldn't be popular or that it would be unsuccessful. I said that it is bad for the community and will affect future content in a negative way.

True. And in SWTOR, from the start of them adding raids to their GF groups form before using the GF and might only try to fill the last spot via the GF. Queue solo, and you will wait a long time and get a group that has no clue what to do even after you explain the fight. Yes, I did it once. It was a waste of time.

So it is not the panacea some think it will be. Those threads where people complain about dungeon groups or fight mechanics are an indication of how amazing a random trial group via GF will be. No anecdote or speculation is necessary.

• ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy sitting in queue for 20 minutes as "dps" when your "tank" and your "healers" leave after 2 wipes :)
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas