The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A way to queue into dungeons without other players

Scrimblobimblito
Scrimblobimblito
✭✭✭
Hello,
for context: I'm playing with two of my friends in ESO who just started out. I'd like to do random dungeons peacefully and at our own pace without having a 4rd player skip half the map etc. etc. Is there a way to do that? I know I can go into specific dungeons and simply have a companion as the fourth slot, but I don't want to force them to omit the bonuses RND's give. Any ideas or should I just beat it?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 2, 2022 3:05AM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik, no way. Randoms are about enduring a pick of a dungeon AND a pick of teammates.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can create alt accounts and queue with them just to kick them afterwards. It's not against TOS if you're willing to waste money and pay for the same game twice.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always just kick the 4th player and then proceed with your friends.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

• spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gisleyiin wrote: »
    Hello,
    for context: I'm playing with two of my friends in ESO who just started out. I'd like to do random dungeons peacefully and at our own pace without having a 4rd player skip half the map etc. etc. Is there a way to do that? I know I can go into specific dungeons and simply have a companion as the fourth slot, but I don't want to force them to omit the bonuses RND's give. Any ideas or should I just beat it?

the bonus is a ui bug
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »

Seriously?

Yeah, the game allows a person to queue, wait 10 minutes and be kicked by 3 friends because it doesn't consider people queueing as a group to be a single entity for voting. It believes that 'so what if they queued together, there's no way they could abuse it!'
  • LeBrenn
    LeBrenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why queue at all? You can just go to the dungeon
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had some guys kick me on psn a while back so they could add a talking pet. Thing is on psn the invite comes through the console as well as in game so I just rejoined again using that console invite since it doesn't go away. They were quite freaked out when I came back.

If you just wanna grind companion xp one or two man normal Dragonstar or the Blackrose prison. Dragonstar is pretty easy and you get like 3x as much companion and player xp as a dungeon. I think it took me like 8 runs to max out Isobel. Was fun too- her tanking saved my ass in a lot of the boss fights. Probably the only time I've really found companions useful.

Haven't done Blackrose, involves wiping during the second level over and over. Supposed to pay even better then Dragonstar but it sounded boring.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

You can just the 3 of you walk right in the front door without Queue'n at all...
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LeBrenn wrote: »
    Why queue at all? You can just go to the dungeon
    sinnereso wrote: »
    You can just the 3 of you walk right in the front door without Queue'n at all...

Well, they basically want to be able to do that, but also retain the bonuses that are granted by queuing for a Random.

If they just walk in, then they wouldn't get those bonuses for completing the dungeon.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • FluffyBird
      FluffyBird
      ✭✭✭✭✭

That being [snip] move aside, isn't group finder supposed to find a replacement in that case?

[edited for profanity bypass]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2022 2:13PM
    • NettleCarrier
      NettleCarrier
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      FluffyBird wrote: »

That being [snip] move aside, isn't group finder supposed to find a replacement in that case?

The party leader gets the option whether to look for a replacement or not, in this case they'd just choose no. It's a real crummy thing to do to someone though, especially if it was a dps that you kick. At least a tank would be marginally better, but still... shame.

[edited to remove quote]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 2, 2022 2:13PM
      GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
    • Katheriah
      Katheriah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Uh, ruuude.
    • Scrimblobimblito
      Scrimblobimblito
      ✭✭✭
      Aight, so what you guys are saying is I can simply walk into a dungeon with the other guys and it will count the rewards? Also yes I did consider kicking the fourth random guy but the immeasurable guilt would kill me
    • Cuddlypuff
      Cuddlypuff
      ✭✭✭✭
      As a professional skip to last boss RND runner during double XP events, I have asked for the same thing in the past. Helpful forum posters have informed me that the RND system is for helping others and I don't deserve rewards for refusing to carry 3 others.
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aight, so what you guys are saying is I can simply walk into a dungeon with the other guys and it will count the rewards? Also yes I did consider kicking the fourth random guy but the immeasurable guilt would kill me
      Walking / porting directly to dungeon work but not for the rnd reward.

Now you could ask some in guild to help you get inn and then leave.
      Some people has used this with an low level alt to only get fast dungeons as an way to farm transmute and CP.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • rpa
      rpa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      We obviously need the entrance to Random dungeon to walk in.