Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Highhallow Hold not the High Isle achievement home?

TheGreatBlackBear
TheGreatBlackBear
✭✭✭✭✭
“The Highhallow Hold will be available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, from August 16 at 1pm EDT to September 1 at 10am EDT. Furnished and unfurnished versions will be available.“

Am I missing something or is Highhallow not going to be the home for High Isle that’s purchasable for gold?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2022 4:08PM
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

So no free home this year for doing the storyline.
    No free home at the end of year, but get a item everyone has been asking for, but it's gated behind got to be there to get it. So future ppl aren't going to be able to get it.

IDK who made these decisions, [snip]

All that dev time that was used in the pass for housing, where did that go this year?

[snip] I want a refund on high isle at this point. Was super hyped, but now I rather use my money for something else.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 1, 2022 4:08PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭
    I will buy it with crowns!! Insta buy!

The year is still ongoing, I'm sure they will come out with more houses in the Fall or Winter.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We might possibly get a free home with the High Isle event, so far we always got a free home with each expansion.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Dayhjawk
    Dayhjawk
    ✭✭✭
    Even if they give away this home during the high isle event, doesn't change the fact that we got no home for the achievement, which has happened in every year. So far nothing is showing they have plans to give us a home this year. So right now, someone decided its better to make a buck instead of the community. If I am wrong, then please speak up ZOS, communication. Why is there no free home this year? Are there plans for a free home? Either way you look at it, we are losing a home or two, that the community normally gets. Seriously, this isn't bashing, it's a very greedy move. There is no other way to put it. It looks greedy, feels greedy, seems greedy. The push for wallets is huge this year. You want feedback? That's my feedback!

I will get the home, because I figured it was going to be crowns but I hoped I was wrong.
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    Not making the house available for coin when the expansion released (like every other expansion has had) just feels like a disgusting cash grab. Made worse by the fact that it was already incredibly light on content to begin with.
  • Eveance
    Eveance
    ✭✭
    This chapter is a shame when it comes to housing. Just one new house (Highhallow Hold). Nothing else so far )I dont count the free inn).
    And I dont get why they make the town house this time, the first time ever, just crown exclusive and also limited. Why the hell is it even limited? Im mad and disappointed.

• ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, still waiting on info why this place isn't available yet. But I've been looking at other houses this morning, and many aren't available anymore when those dlc's came out years ago. Why is that?
    Xbox X- NA
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's available today in the crown store!!!
    Xbox X- NA
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    It's available today in the crown store!!!

Lol well rip any goodwill they had with the housing community. People are not gonna be happy about this.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still going to get it cause I like it but I agree. It's such a weird decision to not have it be an achieve home. I'd have expected something like other homes from previous expansions where a secluded spot was our place. We haven't even gotten a new home for a DLC like they normally do
    Edited by noblecron on August 16, 2022 5:51PM
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I'm happy, because I like it as well. But.... also agreed.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Eveance
    Eveance
    ✭✭
    Dayhjawk wrote: »
    All that dev time that was used in the pass for housing, where did that go this year?

This chapter is so bad when it comes to housing and is really disappointing. With the Blackwood chapter we got 9! houses:

Pilgrim's Rest (Free Inn)
    Water Edge (Town House for gold)
    Doomchar Plateau (Free event house)
    Sweetwater Cascades
    Agony's Ascent
    Ossa Accentium
    Kushalit Sanctuary
    Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins
    Pantherfang Chapel

Now all we got is 2!. The free inn and a town house for crowns and also limited time (what a shame!). And maybe when we are lucky we get one or two with the next and last dlc. With the Greymoor chapter they also gave us a lot of houses. I cant understand why we dont get anything this chapter.

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me new non-crown houses are a big deal, so I'm very dissapointed this year. We have much less furniture recipes, houses, quests and overall content. I don't know what's the point of doing such a complex feature like whole card game, when they can't deliver other standard chapter content?
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    After thinking about it, I think I may actually skip it! I really don't have the 10K crown to spend on it. And there's no garden. :(.
    Xbox X- NA
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dungeons and such are still great but it does sort of feel like developer resources are getting pulled off of ESO and directed toward their new MMO.

The lack of housing/furniture could be a sign that members of the art team have been reassigned.