The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

first time battle grounds player this weekend, my oakensoul experience.

Quethrosar
Quethrosar
✭✭✭✭
so i had never been in battlegrounds before. So i queue up with my normal vet dungeon build.
I am sorcerer magic based.
I enter, tell group i have no experience, what do i do.
i think chaos ball was first.
of course the game doesn't tell you anything about it.
so i maybe get 1 or 2 kills and die alot.

I decided to try oakensoul build for my next matches. Easy 15+ kills.

I had 1 match with 27 kills and 13 assists or something crazy.

All i need to say is, something is terribly wrong in balance on both sides if the same skillset can die in a second versus just putting a ring on and getting number 1 kills on many matches.
yes the ring is powerful and love it, but at the same time, if you can't enjoy the pvp without it, then that needs to be fixed too.
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can kill easily on Sorc in BG's anyway through timing your detonations, lockdown, and Endless Fury.

Sorc was already unbelievably easy to play and enjoyable because of it. The ring makes it easier sure, but consider you're playing during Whitestrakes and probably against PVE's also.

Either way, this ring shouldn't even be used in that mode, and it's now suffered because of PVP'ers
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am not speced at all for pvp,, using same gear and skills as pve.
    don't know what detonations and lockdown are. and endless fury i stopped using because its not a good damage spammable.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or, more likely than blaming The One Ring Boogeyman: you lost the first game spectacularly with 0-low medal points and the system took pity on you. When you requeued for a second match, it put you with all of the other brand new to PvP players who got stomped and 0 points in their first game. But because you are doing end game PvE content, you have good gear, you have a rotation, know your skills and your build, which means you'll perform at a higher level than the more casual PvErs you were matched with, and end up murdering them almost as easily as PvP players murdered you in your first match.

I'm not whiteknighting Oakensoul, but I don't think blaming a mythic based on your experience in two 10-15 minute matches, by someone who has never PvP'd before, is a fair thing to do. It's much more likely that you were matched with other people who are as good as/suck as bad as you. (Depending on your pov). Complaints based on actual data and experienced play are helpful to understanding the impact OS has, but this just seems like another complaint thread based on feelings.

-
    If you're not using Endless Fury/Mage's Wrath in BGs as a brand new PvPer & a sorc, then you are handicapping your kills significantly.
    There is mitigation to the ring which also helped. Without it, you can swap your mundus to The Lady stone for PvP to boost your resists (since they get stripped with Breech) pretty decently with divines gear for extra survival in your PvE sets, then swap back to crit/sustain/whatevs before you go in dungeons.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."