The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting on alts

Tantala
Tantala
✭✭✭
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but finding old posts can be a bit hit'n'miss and they are often out of date.

I have a character with all traits in all skills, so given the appropriate recipe/whatever and raw materials he can make more or less anything. However, I believe some crafting skills related to consumables are required on my other alts to be able to make best use of what he turns out.

Provisioning: max gourmand and connoisseur (I'm sure it should really be gormet as gourmand implies greed/excess, but never mind)

Alchemy: max medicinal use to get best potion duration

Enchanting: can't see a dependency here - I'm assuming if I have a glyph and a target I can use it (levels permitting).

Have I missed anything? Any other hints on useful crafting skills for non-crafters?

Thanks
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 2, 2022 3:10AM
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main one you need is the Alchemy passive for potion duration. Provisioning ones are nice but non-essential.
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    You could get the hireling passive on all the crafts except jewelry for the free mats every day.

• freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find "keen eye" to be useful for spotting materials in the wilds :)

Edit:- But I am old and my eyesight is not what it was!!
    Edited by freespirit on August 1, 2022 12:19PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy - Medicinal Use and Snakeblood are good to have on non-crafters
    Provisioning - Gourmand and Connoisseur

Situational:
    Keen Eye passives if the non-crafter will also be looting nodes
    Hireling passives if you have the craft bag - no point passing up relatively free materials

Do not forget the green champion tree. There are several passive perks and slot-able perks that will help non-crafters when using potions, poisons or when out looting nodes
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snakeblood? Does anyone actually use potions with negative side effects?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tantala wrote: »
    Provisioning: max gourmand and connoisseur (I'm sure it should really be gormet as gourmand implies greed/excess, but never mind)

In English gourmand means a person who really enjoys food. That could mean someone who simply eats too much, but it's more often used to mean someone who really enjoys the food they eat, even in small amounts, and goes out of their way to find or make good food. Gourmet is high quality food, gourmand is a person who appreciates it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanx wrote: »
    The main one you need is the Alchemy passive for potion duration. Provisioning ones are nice but non-essential.
    Provisioning is very nice if you use expensive food or use XP drink or AP food.

The deconstruction skills are useful breaking down loot, especially important for jewelry.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Tantala wrote: »

In English gourmand means a person who really enjoys food. That could mean someone who simply eats too much, but it's more often used to mean someone who really enjoys the food they eat, even in small amounts, and goes out of their way to find or make good food. Gourmet is high quality food, gourmand is a person who appreciates it.

Gormet as an adjective is what you say, as a noun it is a person who is knowledgable about (and enjoys) good food and is ina position to pass judgement on such. Gormand originally meant a glutton who consumed good food in excess, although the gluttony aspect as faded a bit.

Of course, we may be two people separated by a common language.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

Yes, but WITHOUT snakeblood. Ravage health can be useful for multiple things (suicide pots for quick ports, procing Serpent Coil, nord ulti passive, extend WW transformation, some on damage proc sets)
  • Tantala
    Tantala
    ✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

Yes, but WITHOUT snakeblood. Ravage health can be useful for multiple things (suicide pots for quick ports, procing Serpent Coil, nord ulti passive, extend WW transformation, some on damage proc sets)

That makes it worse!
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭

If you are going for something specific and the ingredients you are using happen to also create a negative side effect, you may very well want to have Snakeblood so that the negative side effects do not take effect.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA