The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please ban those who break the lfg in Cyrodiil

pokaone
pokaone
There were several people puting there add-on on auto request with the lfg keyword during the day, and when you accept, it says the person is busy, for like 15 minutes.
when i talked about it, your wonderful community explained to me with their above average iq it was not cheating it was a add-on bug.
Well i explained to them with my over average iq it takes 2,5 seconds to set your add-on to another word than lfg.
it can be fairly used to break the possibility to pugs to form teams, and that way, with an alt account, you basicaly cheat, weakening the opposite faction.
those guys deserve a perma ban.
Edited by Psiion on August 11, 2022 8:36PM
  • pokaone
    pokaone
    they are basicaly broking a mmo experience of a whole server with a third party system
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Euhm... Do I understand this right? You wrote "lfg" in chat and got an autoinvite, but because you got a "that person is busy" notification, you now want people using this addon to be banned? Because it somehow breaks the possibility to form teams? What?

Edit: Typo
    Edited by Ratzkifal on August 1, 2022 12:41AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pokaone wrote: »
    they are basicaly broking a mmo experience of a whole server with a third party system

How so? Everyone who's still recuiting can see your LFG or whatever else you type in chat. You can also ask if anyone has a different active auto-invite on. If there are groups recruiting, you aren't being prevented from joining them.

I'd consider messaging the person with "Hey, you left your auto-invite on, turn it off please" in case they didn't know.

This might be dating me, but does anyone else remember when the dolmen groups in Alikr used pretty much the whole alphabet for their invites?
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were several people puting there add-on on auto request with the lfg keyword during the day, and when you accept, it says the person is busy, for like 15 minutes.
    when i talked about it, your wonderful community explained to me with their above average iq it was not cheating it was a add-on bug.
    Well i explained to them with my over average iq it takes 2,5 seconds to set your add-on to another word than lfg.
    it can be fairly used to break the possibility to pugs to form teams, and that way, with an alt account, you basicaly cheat, weakening the opposite faction.

Dont use the keyword?
    So for example dont use +lfg, use "looking for group" Problem solved.
    The "person is busy msg you recieve when grp get full just before you join, or sm1 else get invited in the same time.
    Sorry, but not support for you in this one.
    The one should be baned are the runners in instances. The ppl who care only about their run, keeo pulling and killing bosses, not giving a .... about that sm1 else have quest to do. But that is another topic...
  • pokaone
    pokaone

How so? Everyone who's still recuiting can see your LFG or whatever else you type in chat. You can also ask if anyone has a different active auto-invite on. If there are groups recruiting, you aren't being prevented from joining them.

I'd consider messaging the person with "Hey, you left your auto-invite on, turn it off please" in case they didn't know.

This might be dating me, but does anyone else remember when the dolmen groups in Alikr used pretty much the whole alphabet for their invites?

nah man, it takes 2 secs to changes parameters, lfg is a universal term for decades in all mmos. When you already have an invite sent it make the whole process with other requests bug, and otherwise i don't ask for any of that crap to happen because of a [snip] addon's.
    Maybe not perma ban them instantly but after a warning yeah.

[Edited for Profanity]
    Edited by Psiion on August 1, 2022 1:19AM
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Means they are in a load screen or something
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happens:
    You type lfg in chat
    Multiple people have that as autoinvite keyword, so they all invite you
    Depending on how the server handles things, you may accept invite and join group, or you may get the busy message.
    If you get busy message you can type "hey, missed an invite, still lfg" or "still lfg" for short.
    If someone out there is inviting manually they invite you, no problem. If no one is inviting manually, then you missed nothing.

Can you describe what you think I'm missing, or what part of this is, or could be, an exploit?

PS: the "this person is busy" thing can happen even without autoinvite.

• pokaone
    pokaone
    Runkorko wrote: »

Dont use the keyword?
    So for example dont use +lfg, use "looking for group" Problem solved.
    The "person is busy msg you recieve when grp get full just before you join, or sm1 else get invited in the same time.
    Sorry, but not support for you in this one.
    The one should be baned are the runners in instances. The ppl who care only about their run, keeo pulling and killing bosses, not giving a .... about that sm1 else have quest to do. But that is another topic...

then make your own thread......
    you seems concerned by pve
    i spent 10 hours the last two days in Cyrodiil
    maybe you'll explain to me after having distorded what im saying [snip] why i wasn't able to join any grp for 35 minutes because of a guy's add-on overwritting other's people request, and when i clicked join, he was always busy.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on August 1, 2022 12:23AM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In full agreement.

Zenimax will not be banning anyone for using this addon as it doesn’t break any rules and appropriately uses the approved API to do its work.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LFDG PLZ
    TYFG!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why should they ban people for using an add-on? They could change the thing that makes the add-on work, or tell the mod creator their add-on needs to be taken down as they don't like the way they are currently using the thing that makes the add-on work, but don't want to break the functionality of other add-ons. Both of which would stop the "problem" without banning anyone at all.

Not that they should be doing either of those things either. The person is busy error can happen even with a manual invite. And I can't see any benefit to such a change, and I'm not even on console. People who didn't get a group can try again and incurred no real harm. And I also don't see how making it harder to form invite people to groups is somehow supposed to increase the number of groups being made. At least the people who are auto-inviting are inviting everyone who needs a group!
  • pokaone
    pokaone
    you do whatever you want with your game.

if you make proof of no, sadly, no "bad spirit", facts i just reported to you just show that you're allowing a third party system to make you're half most important mmo activity broken.

guys/girls.... you do whatever you want.
  • pokaone
    pokaone
    if you prefer to have 2 or 3 [snip] making several people give up, then that's your matter not mine.

[Edited for Profanity]
    Edited by Psiion on August 1, 2022 12:48AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sort of sounds like you may be having a bit of a rough time...hope you're able to find some peace in your day...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • UnkindnessOfRavens
    UnkindnessOfRavens
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe 10 hours of pvp was too much? Another option is to start your own group and set up whatever string you want for the auto invite.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

nah man, it takes 2 secs to changes parameters, lfg is a universal term for decades in all mmos. When you already have an invite sent it make the whole process with other requests bug, and otherwise i don't ask for any of that crap to happen because of a [snip] addon's.
    Maybe not perma ban them instantly but after a warning yeah.

[Edited for Profanity]

It takes another 2 seconds to invite someone manually.

Look if you don't want people to use it then talk to a mod author.

it's easier for ZOS to just ban the addon itself than it would be to ban these players.

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • DaisyRay
    DaisyRay
    ✭✭✭
    This might have not been suggested, but you could always just start your own group and use your own keyword. I see dozens of people lfg in pvp every time I am there. I think if you started your own, people would happily join you.
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ DaisyRay ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
  • Tevalicious
    Tevalicious
    ✭✭
    There is no way this is an actual thread.
  • shanton
    shanton
    Soul Shriven
    not checked this forums during MM , cause was busy in cyro. But yeah this guy repeatedly told me he would report me and get me banned for runing a lfg addon. I put him on ignore..problem solve
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okey bud, tinfoil hat off pls, ppl aren't sitting alt accounts in opposite factions simply to mess with their groupmaking
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shanton wrote: »
    not checked this forums during MM , cause was busy in cyro. But yeah this guy repeatedly told me he would report me and get me banned for runing a lfg addon. I put him on ignore..problem solve

Oh no, you're the guy this conspiracy theorist is mad at 🤣
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you that dumb person who kept demanding for me to change my auto invite from LFG after I had it for 6+ hours? Be more sensible and have your own auto-invite string set up when others have LFG on. You were being completely unreasonable and might I repeat, dumb.
    Edited by Dr_Con on August 11, 2022 8:32PM
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review of this thread, seeing as it has derailed into Baiting once again and doesn't lend itself to constructive discussion, so we have closed it down. When participating on the forums, we ask that all posts stay respectful and refrain from personal insults and Flaming. The ESO Forum's are intended to be a place for welcoming and civil discussion and we ask that all our members adhere to the Community Rules to ensure it stays so.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.