Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which set is better for magsorc?

xgoldelf
xgoldelf
Would you guys prefer mothers sorrow and law of julianos combined or mothers sorrow and new moon acolyte combined ? Which would offer higher dps? If I chose NMA I would slot bound aegis and inner light for the magicka ability increase
Edited by xgoldelf on July 30, 2022 8:26AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would go Mother's Sorrow and Julianos. You're going to get more damage with that than NMA.

Full disclosure, I've always thought NMA is overrated. You can get penetration from group buffs. If you are doing a solo build, I'd probably go with Tzvogin's. If you are looking for an easier-to-obtain second set, Spell Strategist, Spinners, Plaguebreak are all good alternatives. If you want another crafted, Magnus' Gift.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NMA is/was a decent set to run, but it is far more conducive to PVP imo. I works in PVE, but the sustain loss just isn't worth it. And the crit that Julianos provides is far more valuable than the penetration that NMA provides.

Plus, it would also really matter on how you plan to use the set. If you are double barring it, you definitely don't want to go with NMA as having to cast back bar, expensive dot and AOE skills, is punishing with NMA. If you are front barring, it is a bit better. but still, I'd say go with Julianos, it will work out better for you in the long run.